"Trusting relationships are amazing for staff and students alike"
"The best thing about being a teacher is that it matters. The hardest thing about being a teacher is that it matters every day"
❤️"Go BCES Ramblers"- We rise to the challenge 💙
SST- We are trying our best to create a system that best supports our students and staff. This is a work in process and your flexibility and hard work is appreciated!
Your hard work for our struggling kiddos is appreciated- not just by me, but by them!💙❤️
Ruby Payne had quite the impact on all of us as educators. I am noticing some strategies being utilized from the resource book provided for you. It is especially great to see the "All BCES focused Strategy" - Think, Pair & Share! I will be sharing other interesting strategies in each of my "Staff Scoop". Feel free to also share out with staff member other strategies you are using!!
The Strategy of Self Talk- (please refer to a strategy five in Book to learn more about the strategy) Purpose: to complete tasks involving prefrontal activity-planning. A student needs positive self talk and procedural self talk to do well at work and school. Procedural self talk comes from being able to plan. If students cannot plan, they will not be a procedure on self talk, i.e., "First I need to do this, then this, then this, etc.". Stop sheets of the order that must be followed to do something are very important!
Here's what's going on...
- December 5---------Kdg & 2nd grade programs
- December 6-8------Lisa out of the building
- December 7---------1st & 3rd grade programs
- December 12--------4th grade Christmas Musical
- December 19--------Great Lakes Chamber Orchestra assemblies
- December 20-------Lisa out of the building
- December 21--------Elementary Holiday Movies
- December 22-------Rambler Recognition Day
- December 23--------Winter break begins
We will be having our data review after school from 3:30-5:30 on Tuesday, January 24th. This is according to the data from the survey sent out for your important input(January 24th-66.67%, January 25th-33.33%). Thanks for participating in the survey👍😃
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. -Dr. Seuss 💙❤️💙❤️💙❤️💙❤️💙❤️💙❤️💙❤️💙❤️
Elementary Google Calendar Updates
Please be sure to check your Google Calendat EVERYDAY! This link will be available to you weekly to make it easier to keep up with Google Calendar Updates! Keep up with all life's changes!! Be sure to email Tammy of important Google Calendar updates!
Rambler Scoop and Skinny💙😃❤️
Two 4th grade students really worked hard pitching their idea and even collecting signatures to have a day for wearing hats. They originally wanted to wear hats on Tuesdays and Thursdays. We settled on the last Friday of the Month. Students can wear a hat for a donation for a specific charity (students are meeting with me on Friday as to which charity). They also have pitched to me a Thursday, December 22 start due to us being on break otherwise. I will send out an email with the final determination.
Teachers- Please be sure and plan with your team a date for your grade to have your Curriculum Day. Tuesday's or Wednesday's are the best days to be out. Friday's will not be an option due to lack of subs. Please double check with Tammy Ryder regarding that date and Tammy Patrick to assure Early Learners is available for that date. Once the date is picked- 1. Email Tammy & I on the dates- it will be put on Google Calendar. 2. Immediately put in to assure sub. 3. Plan your great day!
Provisions procedure: ( special & soup list will be emailed when available on Friday or Monday Mornings)-1. Please place order on Google DOC. 2. Exact change or check will be accepted and will have to be placed in the special labeled envelope or plastic bag then placed in big Manila envelope on Tammy's desk (payments need to be submitted by 10:30 am on Tuesday. 3. All orders will be shared with Provisions chef by 2:30 pm on Monday prior to Tuesday delivery by 11 am. 🍴🍞🧀🍲🍰
🎈🎈🎈Please include in your newsletters and correspondence the following reminders regarding these procedures to assure safety for our beloved kiddos ...
1. Please remind your students that Winter is here☃️and that means every day students should be bringing a coat, snow pants, hat and gloves. If you hear that students don't have access to some of these items -please be sure to let myself and/or Mary know and we'll figure out something.
2. A Book exchange is in The blue box outside of the front door. Students are welcome to take a book, we also would like students to read a book as well if possible.
3. NoONE should be dropped off prior to 8am as there is no supervision! We have our "All Star program" as an option as always.
4. Please use the FRONT circle drive for student drop off in the morning. Parents must park in the front lot if walking students into the building and be sure not to block bus garage for parent pick up:)
5.. Mana bags are for eating at home- NOT ON THE BUS! Please give tied bags to parents!
4. BUS SAFETY EXPECTATIONS
👍 REALLY IMPORTANT- Thank you for always supporting assembly expectations and going over them prior to every assembly with your students! Exiting all assemblies will be as follows & please do unless otherwise directed… 4th & 3rd grades & Houser, Hicks and Dixon will exit front doors, k&1st grade and Bacon will exit through the back doors.
Please be sure and check your email prior to each PD meeting for preparedness as last minute things can come up. Your professional courtesy is appreciated!! 👍💙👏❤️😃
The office is in desperate need for volunteers for both the lunch room and recess. Please reach out to your personal pool of volunteers and have them contact the office or share their name with Tammy so that way we might reach out to them. Your assistance is appreciated🌈
We are also desperate for substitute teachers, paras and food service subs. Please get the word out there😃👍👏
❤️💙❤️💙A SHOUT OUT:💙❤️💙❤️
TO: Mary Hickman
We celebrate Mary for going above and beyond to get winter clothing, Thanksgiving Dinners, even snacks for kiddos that don't have them. Your positivity is contagious!
Great Learning Opportunities
Please don't forget to keep checking for added learning opportunities at CharEm! 👍😃👏
Rock to our new theme song!!!
- December 1-------------Don Richards
- December 4------------Debbie Chew
- December 12-----------Jill Crissman
- December 27----------Mary Hickman
- January 1-----------------Amanda Loper
- January 4----------------Sean Mills
CHECK THIS OUT...
Thank you Rambler Staff for ALL you do!! YOU ROCK!!!!