Super Charged Storytime
Are you new to delivering storytimes?
Do you have experience but want to take your storytimes to the next level?
- Session 1 (online): Tuesday, January 8th, 1-2 PM
- Session 2 (in-person): Wednesday, January 16th, 10 AM-2 PM, at the Guilderland Public Library, 2228 Western Avenue, Guilderland, NY 12084 (SNOW DATE: Friday, January 18th)
- Session 3 (online): Tuesday, January 29th, 1-2 PM
- Session 4 (online): Tuesday, February 12th, 1-2 PM
- Session 5 (online): Tuesday, February 26th, 1-2 PM
What is Super Charged Storytimes?
The New York State Library , through its Ready to Read at New York Libraries initiative, has partnered with OCLC’s WebJunction to bring the successful Supercharged Storytimes for All (SSA) program to youth services public library staff across the state! Whether you are new to developing and offering storytimes or a seasoned provider with years of experience, this free program will help you to deepen and enhance your services to young children and their families. Trainings will be offered late 2018 through early 2019.
If you are interested in this Continuing Education Opportunity but don't think you can afford the trip to Guilderland on January 26th please apply for our new Continuing Education Challenge Grant
The National Digital Inclusion Alliance (NDIA) put together two Google Fusion Maps based on census data released on Dec. 6th, which includes computer ownership and internet access information for local Census tracts. (Note: The Census uses the term “internet access” to refer to actual household connections, not just availability.)