2) Bard and Baker: This adorable board game cafe has over 600 games to play once things are back to normal. However, in the meantime, they have delicious food and drink options available for take out! You can pick your food up in person less than a 2 minute walk from Blitman, or order delivery through Mealeo.
Bonus: if you call in your order directly to the restaurant (which we recommend, the owners and staff are some of the nicest you'll ever meet), let them know you are an RPI student to receive a discount. One Hub Advisor STRONGLY recommends their breakfast poutine! [vegetarian/vegan friendly].
3) Muddaddy Flats: A local quesadilla restaurant that can deliver solid quesadillas the size of a dinner plate! Available for pick up and via delivery within a 10 minute walk of Blitman. If you order directly through the restaurant, a 10% student discount is available on the already budget-friendly food. [vegetarian/vegan friendly]
4) Ali Baba: Up on 15th street, this Mediterranean restaurant has some incredibly cheap and delicious options! Take out and delivery both available, order through Mealeo! [vegetarian friendly]
5) Berben and Wolffs: This Downtown Troy restaurant is a fully vegan delicatessen. They love to find ways to deliver more traditional pub foods (mozzerella sticks, poutine, barbecue cheeseburgers, etc.) in vegan-friendly ways. [obviously, vegan and vegetarian friendly]
6) Shalimar: This restaurant provides delicious Indian food at reasonable prices, and the owner is incredibly nice! In your future years at RPI, keep an eye out for the low price all-you-can-eat lunch buffet. In the meantime, you can get pickup or delivery from this Troy favorite! [vegetarian/vegan friendly]
7) Sunhee's Farm & Kitchen: Sunhee's is more than a restaurant, they are a movement! Beyond having incredible and authentic Korean food, they also sell produce from their local farm, teach free English as a Second Language classes for the community, offer low-price Korean Language classes, and focus on providing gainful employment for immigrants and refugees in our area. Enjoy a meal in their outdoor seating, pick up takeout, or order delivery right through their website! [vegetarian/vegan friendly]
8) Lo Porto: A Troy classic with a menu of delicious classic Italian food! Located right downtown and within walking distance of Blitman, this is a prime choice for any special occasion. Since it is more expensive than others on the list, we recommend this for a parent visit or date night! [vegetarian friendly]
9) Nighthawks: This restaurant is relatively new to Troy (2018) but they have quickly become a local favorite! Their mainstay is their delicious burgers ($10-15 range), but they also offer fun and funky farm-to-table specials all throughout the week (a bit more pricey). Their brunch menu is also always a good time! Definitely worth checking out on your own or with a friend! [vegetarian/vegan friendly]
10) The Whistling Kettle: Located in Downtown Troy, this delightful shop has over 100 varieties of tea for sale along with a tasty menu of crepes, paninis, scones, soups, and more! A lovely middle ground, this can be a great place for a relatively affordable takeout meal for yourself OR a nicer meal with parents or a friend. [vegetarian/vegan friendly]
BONUS, Superior Merchandise Company: While the food options are limited, we just couldn't leave this one out. If you want the classiest avocado toast, kind people, and some of the best coffee around, make sure to check them out!