Are you 19-25 with moderate SEND with a high level skill but finding the work place inaccessible?
SEND to Self Employment is an ongoing mentoring program that creates partnerships with skilled young people to support the design, development and running of a commercial business as a self-employed professional.
We work with you and your specialism to create a personalised enteprise to help you learn start-up self-employment skills. The programme offers the following support:
- One-to-One mentoring to establish a suitable skill/qualification based enterprise
- Developing a prototype of the product or service for marketing purposes
- Creation of start-up marketing and promotion materials
- Setting up a web page for your business
- Support with setting up as a sole trader, including informing HMRC, invoicing, basic book-keeping and tax self-assessment registration.
- Experienced SEND facilitators with a diverse range of business specialisms
- Corporate Relationship Lead to create partnerships with relevant local businesses
- Set within our own existing businesses to provide real life customer service experience and consumer-led enterprise performance indicators
- Trainee progress recorded and promoted through our in-house documentary and social media channels (E-MAP)
Set within The Sand Project's own high street business, VISABLE, this is a work start up opportunity like no other.
Resilience, perseverance, confidence, motivation and creativity.
These are just some of the skills associated with the identifying and seizing of self serving opportunities. And often these skills are absent in SEND job seekers.
We teach the entrepreneurial skills needed to create opportunity for oneself
Our 5 a Day Expectations (5ADE) framework allows The Sand Project and trainees to assess progress every step of the way and identify next steps
The Sand Project believes PROMOTION of our trainees is crucial if we are to change the profile of SEND employment.
We measure impact by long term PAID employment. We want to identify the most effective way of ensuring this for each individual.
Bespoke Enterprises are designed in one to one mentoring. trainees will also be able to access professional learning within our existing businesses.
Our aim is to create a supportive working environment, teaching industry standards at a pace that suits the trainee. They will be treated as employees in our business in which we facilitate their progression towards independence and hopefully enough entrepreneurial spirit to take over the running of their own business as a self employed professional!
Meet the Team
Meet our Employees
Libby's enterprise is called Memory Inc (to be launched soon. Whenever Libby is ready!)
To increase chances of Social Mobility we need to support as many SEND young people as possible in identifying aspirational pathways and making them as accessible as possible.