Lakeview News January 15, 2016
Mr. Johnson's class performing a reader's theater version of A Winter's Tale for Ms. LaPointe's class.
Nikita, Thamina, and Shihyun at multicultural night.
Ella and Joelle playing vocabulary tag in Ms. Ferries class.
Caden and Matea working on their cultural PowerPoints in Ms. Brown-Tiffany's class.
Science with Ms. Liang.
Ms. Pitsch and friends perform salsa dancing at multicultural night.
Alvera shows off her Reflex math prowess.
Teacher Collaboration Update (PLC)
This is the first in what will become a regular newsletter section focusing on the work we are doing as a school in using student-data-driven teacher collaboration to improve the teaching and learning at Lakeview, a process we call "Professional Learning Communities" or PLCs.
We shared the following video at Thursday's PTSA general membership meeting and would invite you to click the link below to hear from our current and past principals on the topic of teacher collaboration:
The Professional Learning Community model is simply a collection of educational best practices that guide our work as a staff when reviewing student data and making instructional plans to support all students. It calls for teams of teachers to use frequent, simple measures of student progress towards essential learning targets and plan together to ensure all students achieve mastery.
We want to thank our PTSA who has helped support past, present, and future teacher collaborative work and training and we look forward to teaming with our parents and community around this vital work and will be sharing our progress along the way!
Thank You to Our Many Volunteers
There is simply no way to adequately say thank you to our many volunteers, from those of your who helped with our recent vision/hearing screening, those of you who are signed up for our upcoming Kinder registration, and to those of you are who volunteering week-in and week-out around the school and in classrooms.
We truly could not do it without you. Thank you!
Conferences and Kinder Registration
Just a friendly reminder we have two significant events coming up soon:
- Parent/Teacher/Student conferences will be held January 26-29. Sign-ups close at 11:55pm on Jan 19th so teachers can prep and organize their materials based on the sign-up schedule.
- 2016-17 Kinder Registration will be on Feb 4th from 1-7pm and we are excited to welcome our newest Lakeview families! Please plan enough time to complete forms in-person so we can double check your student's paperwork and ensure everything is completed and ready to go for this fall.
SBA/MSP Testing Schedule
We have set our spring SBA/MSP testing schedule for grades 3-5:
- 3rd/5th ELA SBA - May 3, 4, 5
- 3rd/5th Math SBA - May 17 and 19
- 5th Grade Science MSP - May 24
- 4th ELA SBA - May 10 and 12
- 4th Math SBA - May 25 and 26