- Daniel T. Cathy was born in on March 1, 1953 to S. Truett Cathy and Jeannette McNeil Cathy in Jonesboro, GA.
- He has two younger siblings named Don "Bubba" Cathy and Trudy Cathy White.
- Dan has been involved with Chick-fil-A since he was very young.
"I've been a 'lifer' with this family business called Chick-fil-A since nine months before I was born."
- As a young child his father would bring him to his restaurant and have them scrape chewing gum of the underpart of the table as well as entertain guests with side-table songs.
- His father inspired him to go into the food business because through him he realized that this type of business was not just about the food but about relationships with people and customer service.