Want to come work with us to engineer some of the most advanced structures in North America & Asia?
As a Structural Engineer (PE or P.Eng.) joining our growing team, you will work on high profile projects with some of North America and Europe’s leading architects. You will have the opportunity to utilize and expand your structural scheming skills; and while our focus is on timber structures, we act as structural engineer of record for the entire building – so your technical knowledge of seismic design and design with other materials will also be required.
StructureCraft is a unique structural engineering, manufacturing and construction company that specializes in timber structures, incorporating steel, glass, concrete and other materials. We typically act as the structural Engineer of Record for our structures, and our vertically integrated approach allows us to take a holistic approach to optimizing our designs, providing significant value add to our clients.
Our team pushes the boundaries in complex geometry, optimization, digital fabrication, material testing and research. We are involved in mass timber structures, long span roofs, tall wood buildings, and free-form timber structures. Our work in this regard has been recognised internationally, including numerous awards for innovation in timber construction.
Our young and dynamic team of structural engineers plays a key role in our organization and is one of the top timber engineering teams in North America. The engineering team is responsible for creating efficient and practical designs, working closely with architects and our own detailing and management teams. Shop floor and site teams rely on our engineers for designs which are efficient to fabricate and erect. We use the latest in FEM software (RFEM) to analyse and design our buildings, and parametric design tools (Grasshopper) to optimize the complex structures we are often involved in.
Our diverse team hails from more than 10 different countries, including Europe, Australasia, Canada, and the US. This broad range of experience and backgrounds provides us with the unique opportunity to draw upon best practices from across the globe and utilize these to help create signature structures.
We are passionate about what we do and enjoy spending time together both inside and outside the office with regular team events being opportunities to strengthen the group as well as share the colorful cultural expressions of our diverse group.
- PE, P.Eng., or MIStructE or equivalent with a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering (or a related Engineering Degree). SE is an asset.
- At least 4 years of experience working as structural engineer (preferred 2 years of experience in timber engineering). Experience with seismic design in Canada / USA or abroad is an asset.
- Experience leading the design of large-scale projects, working with architects and clients to achieve pragmatic and cost-effective solutions
- Knowledge and use of Canadian, American, and European codes is an asset
- Experience with Finite Element software (SAP2000, R-FEM, ETABS), and significant experience with Excel (performing calculations). Experience working with 3D modelling software such as Rhino/Grasshopper/AutoCAD an asset.
- Strong understanding of engineering fundamentals
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
You'll be working out of our new 50,000sqft office and fabrication facilities in Abbotsford, BC. This state-of-the art timber facility is equipped with an automated production line for Dowel Laminated Timber, along with a 6-axis Robot CNC machine.
Kindly submit your cover letter and resume in confidence to email@example.com.