Biggest Drops and Breakthrough Swims
- Johnny Darguzas 500 FR -7.49 (-2.49%) Frist time under 5:00, New Champs Cut
- Jaden Gibson 100 FR -18.43 (-18.47%) New BB Time
- Eric Gomez 100 BK -2.96 (-4.74) First time under 1:00. All but 1 best time.
- Riley Laursen 200 FR -6.93 (-5.05%)
- Mason MacDonald 200 FR -3.26 (-2.93%) Frist time under 1:50, New Sectionals Cut
- Lily Myers 200 FR -21.59 (-10.20%) 100% Best Times
- Barrett Wagenseil 200 FR -17.65 (-9.95%) 100% Best Times
- Pelham Wagenseil 200 FR -13.13 (-7.17) 100% Best Times
- Trinity Wenzel 100 IM -3.53 (-4.86%), New Champs Cut. All but 1 Best time.
- Glenna Whaley 200 BR -6.76 (-4.12) New Champs Cut
BLAST OF ADRENALINE
4:57.68 minutes fueld by 100% pure adrenaline. Thinking there were 8 heats of the Men's 500 Freestyle, Johnny Darguzas prepared for his race as he always would. Warm up, get loose, talk about the race and formulate strategies to tackle the upcoming 20 laps. As the bell lap sounded for heat 6 and with cap and goggle in hand, Johnny slowly made his way to the blocks wearing pants, a hoodie, and headphones. The long whistle for heat sounded before Johnny realized heat 7 was the LAST HEAT. Somehow managing to full on sprint to his lane while changing, Johnny hopped up on the blocks with no cap and no goggles. "Take your mark." :20 seconds of sheer awkward confusion passed as Johnny wondered if he should put on his gear. While in their pre race starting positions, other athletes looked around and wondered what the heck was going on. "Beep!" The race began, with Johnny somehow managing to get the cap and goggles on in the nick of time. Blasting away from his heat, he started his 500 FR in 1:54.50 at the 200 mark. He dropped 7.49 seconds finished with a new champs cut and first time swim under 5:00. Sometimes, a little blast of adriniline can be a good thing.
It's been a while since Glenna Whaley has had a meet quite like this past one. Dropping time in nearly every event, and surprising herself and the world with 4 incredible breaststroke swims, Glenna's meet was absolutely terrific. She's a role model for our younger athletes, a leader for our older ones, and SMAC's designated Underwater Queen, she earned 4 New Champs Cuts (200 IM, 50 FR, 100 Fly, 200 BR) and is now the ONLY SMAC athlete to have a Champs Cut in EVERY STROKE. When you see her on deck, make sure to give her a huge High 5. Congrats QUEEN G!