Requirements to participate
- Must be freshman through seniors, enrolled full-time during the Fall 2018- Spring 2019 academic year (If seniors wish to compete, they must not have a graduation date earlier than Spring 2019)
- Overall G.P.A. of 3.0 or above in a 4.0 G.P.A. system (official transcript to be submitted)
- No restriction on repeat winners
- Passionate about the fashion industry, no matter your major!
What is the case study topic this year?
GLOBALIZATION OF FASHION
BACKGROUND: International expansion within retail has become increasingly prominent as companies look to grow by expanding their marketplaces in other countries. Digital platforms are changing the economics of doing business across borders, bringing down the cost of international interactions and transactions.
- In this year’s case, you will explore opportunities for a fashion company to expand in the global market
- You will complete this objective through one lens that aligns with your major and/or career aspirations: design, merchandising, analytics or supply chain
- April 17th | Kickoff Meeting at Memorial Union (TITU) 4:30pm
- April 23rd | Students commit to representing the University of Wisconsin-Madison in the Fashion Scholarship Fund competition by this date
- April 23rd - May 18th | Competitors meet with faculty team member to pitch their idea
- Late April/May | Competitors assigned an alumni mentor
- Over the summer | Work on case and touch base with mentor and faculty regularly
- August 22nd - September 7th | Competitors pitch final drafts to faculty team
- September 7th - October 1st | Competitors refine final case
- October 1st | Submission deadline
Attend the competition Kickoff!
Come to the Fashion Scholarship Fund Competition kickoff, April 17th at 4:30pm in Memorial Union (TITU), to hear more about the competition, meet a fashion industry executive, and engage with students and alumni who have competed and won! Students will be expected to commit to participating by April 23rd, 2018. Email email@example.com with questions or concerns.