Valentine's Day - Please be aware, that due to COVID-19, the Troy School District is not having students exchange candy, cards, or other items for Valentine's Day. Please do not send items into Schroeder for distribution. We will not be able to share items. We know this creates an untraditional Valentine's Day at school, but we thank you for your cooperation.
Have You Moved? - Please remember to inform the Schroeder office if you have recently moved or are in the process of moving. Having the correct information on file for your child is a crucial component to your child's continued enrollment in the Troy School District. Please email Mrs. Murphy (email@example.com) if you have any questions. Thank you!
Daily Health Screening Reminder for In-Seat Students - We would like to remind you that as part of your agreement in sending your child to in-seat learning, you have agreed to the terms of district and have agreed to complete the daily health screener. The screener should be submitted BEFORE your child leaves your home to come to school. The district will be phasing out the reminder calls soon, so you may find it helpful to set a daily reminder or alarm on your cell phone.
It is very important that you keep your student home if you answer “Yes” to any of the questions or if your child is ill in any way. Remember, this does not mean they have to miss school. Simply call the attendance line (248-823-3601) to inform the school that your student will join their class virtually. Thank you for taking the time each day to assess your child’s health, and for doing your part to keep the Schroeder community healthy!
Calendar Adjustments - Per Kerry Birmingham's January 26th email, adjustments have been made to the school calendar for February through June. Please see the chart below as it pertains to elementary only. Also, If you are not receiving emails from Kerry Birmingham, please let the Schroeder office know.
Picture Day! - Picture day will be held after school on Monday, March 15th and Tuesday, March 16th, from 3:30pm to 6:30pm both days. These days are virtual learning for all students. Photographers will be set up in the two front hallways at Schroeder. Students must enter at the designated exterior door location and not through other doors of the school.
- Please sign-up for only one time slot per child.
- Please have your child bring their picture envelope/form with them to their appointment. See attached printable envelope/form. Extras will be made available to those who need them.
- Camera Station A: Enter through the main front doors of the building to the left of the flagpole. Look for door #1.
- Camera Station B: Enter through the front doors of the building that are located to the right of the flagpole. Look for door #28.
- Parents will need to remain outside the doors while their child gets their photo taken. Parents are not allowed inside the building.
- Please be aware that photographers will not be adjusting the students’ hair, clothes, etc. Please do this before sending your child inside for their picture.
- Adults and children must wear a mask. Students will temporarily remove the mask for their picture. Remember to practice social distancing.
- Please leave the premises promptly after your child(ren)’s photograph has been taken.
- The SignUp Genius link to secure your time slot: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C044CABAE2EA13-picture4
Submit Photos for the Yearbook - In an effort to bring normalcy to a year that has been anything but normal, there will still be a 2020/2021 Schroeder yearbook! We are asking families to upload some candid pictures of their children taken during their virtual learning to be included in the yearbook. Please see the instructions below on how to upload your photos.
Outdoor Recess Reminder - All in-seat students are expected to come to school prepared for outdoor recess. A warm coat, a hat, gloves, and boots are essential during the cold weather. If a child does not come to school with boots, they will play in a small area and cannot participate fully in outdoor recess. Also, all students are sent outside, even if they do not bring a hat or gloves. Please send your child prepared for outdoor recess. Please know that the Troy School District has revised the outdoor recess policy. Students will participate in outdoor recess when the "feels like" temperature is 10 degrees and above.