The GIANT Junior Ambassadors are a selected group of PhD students from the GIANT Innovation Campus labs, who liaise between the GIANT campus communities and the external community, including other students, researchers, international visitors and industry professionals.
Being a junior ambassador is a fun, varied and flexible duty. PhD students who are interested in a chance to contribute to shaping the campus community and developing their own leadership and organisation skills are encouraged to apply. Applications are assessed on a rolling basis.
Who can become a GIANT Junior Ambassador?
We are looking for current PhD students working in laboratories affiliated to a GIANT founding member or a local company located on the GIANT innovation campus – that means if your lab is located somewhere between the synchrotron and Grenoble Ecole de Management’s main campus or Grenoble INP’s Viallet campus, you are qualified to apply.
Your doctoral school does not have to be in Grenoble.
What do ambassadors commit themselves to?
Being a GIANT Junior Ambassador should take no more than 1 hour of your time per week in average, but there are occasional peaks of activity.
- Junior ambassadors commit to attending 1 meeting per month, and 2 or 3 meetings in the month leading up to the event they’ll be working on. These meetings take place after office hours or at lunchtime.
- Junior ambassadors must be available on the day of the event for which they will join the organisation team, and for a teambuilding and briefing event in September.
What are the incentives?
While the position of GIANT Junior Ambassador is a volunteer role, it comes with some rewards:
- Certificate of time spent on organizing and working on events – you may submit it to your supervisor or doctoral school to validate credits, to their discretion
- Partial GIANT sponsorship for scientific conference or industry fair fees
- Priority access to high level events organized by GIANT – and the inside scoop for whatever is going on on campus
- An official position and new skills you can easily showcase on your CV
- And of course some GIANT Campus apparel and goodies!