Pics from March's "Cooking with Kids" Friday Club class making Pakistani food! Join us for April's class!!!
APRIL DATES TO REMEMBER
More information on the flyers in this newsletter
- 4/1 - Fun Shoot - Sportsmans Club Range - 5:30pm
- 4/2 - How to choose Your Mkt Rabbit - SH - 6-8pm
- 4/3 - Dog Training - SH - 7pm
- 4/4 - CO Master Gardener Class - EH - 9am-4pm
- 4/4 - Air Shooting Practice - SH - 6pm
- 4/4 - Horse Safety Training Class - EH - 6-8pm
- 4/5 - Friday Clubs - EH - Cooking w/kids, Western Dance, and Robotics - 10am-3pm
- 4/5 - Cottage Foods Class - Rifle Admin bldg - 9-noon
- 4/6 - CPR leaders' training - EH - 9am-3pm
- 4/8 - SS Range Practice - Sportsmans Club - 6-8pm
- 4/8 - Horse Advisory Meeting - Ext Office - 6:30pm
- 4/8 - Fermentation Class - EH - 6-9pm
- 4/9 - Mtn Gardening Talk - Carbondale - 4-9pm
- 4/9 - Dog Training - SH - 7pm
- 4/11 - CO Master Gardener Class - EH - 9am-4pm
- 4/11 - Air Shooting Practice - SH - 6pm
- 4/11 - Open Ride - IA - 6pm
- 4/12 - Friday Clubs - EH - Quilting - 12-2pm
- 4/14 - Cloverbuds - EH - 1:30pm
- 4/14 - Utility Goat/Alpaca Clinic - IA/CA 3-8pm
- 4/15 - SS Range Practice - Sportmans Club - 6-8pm
- 4/15 - Fermentation Class - Carbondale - 6-9pm
- 4/16 - Pollinator Habitat Talk - Carbondale - 4-9pm
- 4/16 - Leadership class - EH - 7pm
- 4/16 - 4-H County Council meeting - EH - 7:30pm
- 4/17 - LAST MQA - EH - 6pm
- 4/17 - NEW MEMBERS' MEETING - EH - 7-8:30pm
- 4/17 - Cottage Foods Class - GWS BOCC room - 6-9pm
- 4/17 - Dog Training - SH 7pm
- 4/18 - Air Shooting Practice - SH 6pm
- 4/18 - Open Ride - IA - 6pm
- 4/19 - Friday Clubs - NH - Entomology, Outdoor Adventure, Western Dance - 9:30am-3pm
- 4/20 - Gymkhana - IA - 8am-4pm
- 4/20 - Backyard Bees Part 1 - EH - 9am-1pm
- 4/22 - SS Range Practice - Sportsmans Club - 6-8pm
- 4/24 - Shooting Sports Council mtg - NH - 7pm
- 4/24 - Dog Training - SH - 7pm
- 4/25 - Air Shooting Practice - SH - 6pm
- 4/26 - Advisory Board Mtg - EH - 9am
- 4/26 - Friday Clubs - EH - Jr. Master Gardener, Quilting, Horse & Livestock Quiz Bowl - 10am-3pm
- 4/27 - Backyard Bees Part 2 - EH - 9am-1pm
- 4/29 - SS Range Practice - Sportsmans Club - 6-8pm
- 4/30 - Superintendents' meeting - EH - 5:30pm
- 4/30 - LMC meeting - EH - 6:30pm
We have many upcoming events to help you with your projects. Please RSVP to them and attend as many as you can that fit your projects or attend some just to learn something new!!
The 50th Annual NW Colorado 4-H Expo in Routt County at the Routt County Fairgrounds in Hayden, CO:
· June 10-11, 2019: Beef, Sheep, Goat, Swine, Poultry, Rabbit
· June 12-13: Dog
· June 12-14: Horse
· Camping for Expo at the Routt County Fairgrounds is online at Reserve America and is filling up fast. There is full hook ups, electrical only and primitive camping (for campers and tents with no hook ups).
· Additionally information and registration will be out in April.
And remember to keep working on your record books!
Livestock exhibitors - All Swine, Goat, & Sheep uploads need to be done before you come to your May 3rd weigh-in. Please upload your animal information to your 4honline account as you get your animals. It is best to NOT start an animal upload until you have all of your information together to enter. Partially entering an animal's information may cause added information to later not transfer to the FairEntry program.
DOG AND HORSE ID SHEETS ARE REQUIRED IN 4HONLINE BY MAY 1ST!!!
We also have many classes coming up that will be taught by Abi Saeed, our Horticulure/Entomology agent.
SHOOTING SPORTS NEWS!!
Our 4-H Shooting Sports participants are selling raffle tickets for a Browning Silver Hunter 12gauge Shotgun!!! Each ticket is $20.00 and if you purchase $100.00 worth of tickets, you will receive a FREE KNIFE!!! Tickets can be purchased from Garfield County 4-H Shooting Sports youth or from the Extension Office at the Garfield County Fairgrounds.
Shooting Sports youth - please pick up shotgun raffle tickets from your club leaders or from the Extension Office to sell. Each SS youth is asked to sell a minimum of 20 tickets. The drawing for the shotgun will be on May 17th during our 4-H Shamrock Shindig.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF ALL THAT IS HAPPENING THROUGH OUR STEM PROGRAMMING!!
4-H STEM AmeriCorps Spring Science Experiments
We also have some fabulous Cottage Foods classes being taught by our County Director, Carla Farrand!!
Below are the declaration forms necessary for your animal uploads if you are participating in the Producer Market or Breeding Classes.
ARE YOU A SENIOR (14-18 YR OLD) or AN INTERMEDIATE (11-13 YR OLD) 4-H MEMBER THAT WOULD LIKE TO HELP OUT FOR THIS YEAR'S FAIR?????
Below is the Junior and Assistant Junior Fair Superintendent's applications that needs to be turned into Abi Saeed by April 28th if you want to be a Jr. or Asst. Jr. Superintendent this year.