- Polar bears are very big animals, they have white fur and are very heavy.
- Habitat - They live in cold, snowy environments, more specifically Canada, Norway, Greenland Russia, and even Alaska.
- Kingdom: Animal. Phylum: Chordate. Class: Mammal. Order: Carnivores. Family: Ursidae. Genus: Ursus. Species: U. maritimus.
- Polar bears first appeared about 150,000. They evolved from Brown Bears that were isolated by glaciers.
Morphological & Molecular Evidence
- Brown bears are polar bears closest relatives.
Brown Bears walk on four legs are very big in both size and weight. Brown bears have a lot of thick fur.
Polar Bears walk on four legs are very big in both size and weight. Polar bears have a lot of thick fur.
- It started out as one thing, but has no evolved into something else.
- Polar bears have shoulder blades that are used to help the walk and move