The Teaching, Learning, and Assessment Center (TLAC) in collaboration with the Office of Distance Education will be sponsoring an Online/Blended Teaching with Technology Excellence Showcase and Award. Applications are now being accepted and are due by April 14.
Link to application form
When: Wednesday, May 10 from 11:00 AM to 1 PM
Where: Sykes Ball Room B
What: The showcase will feature faculty examples from their respective online/blended course(s). Specifically examples that introduce instructional technologies (i.e. WEB Tools etc) that enhance the online teaching, learning, and assessment environment are being sought after.
- Celebrate the accomplishments of faculty doing unique and innovative things as it relates to the online teaching, learning, and assessment process.
- Promote distance education awareness on campus
- Provide awareness to faculty across the institution of the resources available to enhance their own teaching in the distance education learning environments.
- Applicants will showcase their examples during the event. Each applicant will have a table with a laptop and/or iPad setup.
- All faculty will be invited to the event to view and vote for their favorite showcase(s).
- A group of judges will also participate an evaluate the applicants.
- 5 winners will be chosen based on peer vote (50% weight) and judges' evaluation (50% weight).
Award: Each winner will receive an award of $500 that can be used for professional development and or travel funding. All showcase participants will receive a certificate of participation.
- Effective and innovative use of technologies to engage online/blended students in interactive learning experiences based on sound pedagogical teaching and learning goals.
- Interaction is encouraged for student to student, student to instructor, and student to content.
- Evidence of improvement in online teaching, learning, and assessment.