- Main focus is to help people in poverty, educate children & adults, and to reduce the risk of diseases
- Sought to find cures to diseases working with different organizations
- Reached main areas of Africa, China, Europe, the Middle East, and India
- Gates has given more than $28 billion dollars to charitable causes
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation - "every life has equal value"
- Knows to do the right thing
- Followed upbringing to be courteous, kind, and hard-working
- "Giving is better than receiving"
- Christianity is not a major part of his life, but he follows principles which are aligned with biblical teaching
"Gates has committed his time, talent and resources to the cause of fighting inequality, eliminating diseases and increasing development standards in developing and underdeveloped nations" (Shah & Mulla, 2014)
- Proverbs 22:9
- James 1:27a
- Proverbs 21:26
- Matthew 25:34-40
- We conclude Gates was an ethical leader
- He believes all lives have equal value which is demonstrated through his actions
- Gates is not perfect, because no one is (Romans 3:10), but he follows a strong moral compass
Associated Newspapers Ltd.
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (2017, February 2). Retrieved from http://www.gatesfoundation.org
Bill and Melinda Gates give 95% of wealth to charity. (2010). BBC. http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-11565953
Biography.com editors. (2016, November 21). Bill Gates Biography. Retrieved from http://www.biography.com/people/bill-gates-9307520#early-life
Chapman, M.W. (2014, March 18). Bill Gates: it makes sense to believe in God. CNS News, n.p. Retrieved from http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/michael-w-chapman/bill-gates-it-makes-sense-believe-god
Rosoff, M. (2011, March 16). Microsoft is more ethical than Google, Apple, or Facebook. Business Insider, n.p. Retrieved from http://www.businessinsider.com/microsoft-is-more-ethical-than-google-apple-or-facebook-2011-3
Shah, Tanvi & Zubin R. Mulla. (2014). Leader motives, impression management, and charisma. Management and Labour Studies, 38(3), 155 – 184. Retrieved from 10.1177/0258042X13509736 Created with images by JeepersMedia - "Microsoft" • efes - "building cologne facade" • maheshone - "Windows 8.1