We have been so impressed by our swimming opportunity at the ASB Aquatic Centre these past two weeks. Impressed by the organisation of Sherry and her team at the pool and the quality of the instructors. The additional aspects to the programme, other than the actual lessons, has also provided greater water experiences for our children.
We have continued to receive compliments from pool staff and other users of the facilities which is great. Two weeks we are thinking is probably just enough as even some of the older students have had a bit of a snooze on the ride home.
PUPIL OF THE WEEK
Sorry I was away from school last Friday and am again this Friday…MY Awards I am putting on hold because I like to get the opportunity to present them…. I have several on my desk just waiting!!!
- Emilia - For making good decisions who she choses to sit with during writing time in order to get her learning done. She has a lot to be proud of due to making these decisions and showing how well she can shine in learning.
- Ellie - For proving that she is not only cute but full of focus and learning power too! Ka pai Ellie for stepping up in your learning and completing learning tasks that you can be proud of. Keep it up.
- Luna - For showing how to problem solve with her friends. She did this with patience and perseverance in the swimming pools this week. Thank you for being a consistently awesome UMS learner.
- Zac - For his fantastic ability with back stroke. His instructor was impressed with his listening too. It is great to see you are displaying great learning skills both inside and out of the classroom Zac.
- Phoebe E: Koia koia (well done) Phoebe you consistently show your determination and positive attitude towards maths. It is amazing to see your progress throughout our maths lessons and I have enjoyed teaching you over the last three weeks.
- Alex: Well done Alex you consistently showed us how determined you were to push yourself out of your comfort zone with swimming. The life safety lessons with the boat were challenging and we watched as you persevered. Well done Alex.
- Dyln: Your lively enthusiasm towards everything you do puts a smile on everyone’s face and brightens up our day. We love your can-do attitude even in a challenge.
- Billie: For the pride you showed after your swimming session on Thursday. It was amazing to see the progress you have made with your backstroke technique. Koia kei a koe Billie – Good on you Billie!
- Jude: We loved seeing your focus and determination as you listened to improve your ability in swimming and the fun you had along the way. Your attitude to learning is exemplary!
- Lexi: We love your can-do attitude to everything we do in Turama. We see you with a smile on your face and love hearing your beautiful manners.
- Arielle: It is great seeing you so determined to achieve in Maths. You are focused in our group lessons and using a range of strategies confidently with your fractions.
- Leon: You are so focused and determined to learn how to improve your swimming skills Leon. We loved seeing you at the edge of the pool practicing your arm action before you even got into the water. What a Star!
- Seth: It was awesome to hear your enthusiasm after completing one of the life jacket exercises Seth. You were just beaming with pride at what you had achieved. Well done!
- Gabi – for your positive attitude at swimming. Your active light was shining and your respect for others was leading the way. Nga mihi nui Gabi.
- Nina – Welcome to our space! Your friendly and hard-working approach has already impressed us in Marama. Your active light was on fire as you pushed yourself in swimming. He kaha te kaha Nina – excellent effort!
- John: For your impressive presentation of your part of the Highwayman. Your voice had us entranced and left us with chills.
- Archie: For your awesome efforts and perseverance in the pool this week. You gave it everything and you were definitely using your Active Light!
- Ruby: For your focus on your swimming technique. You were determined to prove that you could be moved up a group – super confidence Ruby!
Dates for your Diary
- 18 Sept Speech Competition
- 25 Sept Student Led Conferences
- 28 Sept End Term 3
- 15 Oct Term 4 begins
- 3 Nov Retro Fair
- 11 Nov Athletics Day
- 11 & 12 Dec School Production
Ladies Night Market
Thank you to those who supported this years event:
- Dave from Thorvald Cheeses
- Donations from parents for the food raffle
- Parent helpers on the night ... and to those who came along to the event!
There were a variety of craft, health & beauty stalls. Lots of interactive stalls - even quick hair cuts! It was a relaxed, fun atmosphere and we raised $973.00
From your Fundraising Team
KIDZ KLUB AFTER 3 MASSIVE HOLIDAY FUN
Contact : Cindus Colonna, Phone: (03) 543 2033 / (027) 358 7233 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1st October – 12th October 2018, 8.30am- 3.30pm (aftercare may be available until 5.00 dependent on numbers)
Based from Upper Moutere School Hall
Ages: 5yrs - 13yrs
Kidz Klub After 3 run CYF OSCAR approved after school and school holiday programmes. Our activities are adapted to suit all ages to ensure everyone has fun! Yipee spring has arrived and these holidays we are going to do lots of fun activities to keep the kids entertained. Theme days will include Cupcake Day, Art for Arts Sake, Wearable Arts Day, Have a go at Tennis with Vanessa, Nature Fun, Spring Crafts, Rub a Dub Dub Fun and lots lots more.
Contact us for a copy of our full programme brochure outlining what we will be up to each day!
The Nelson Half is back. Based at Saxton Field on 4th November, the running and walking events over 2.5km, 5km, 10km and 21.1km cater for all levels of ability. Each entrant can nominate a school in the region which will receive up to 50% of their entry fee back and the further you run, the more your nominated school could benefit. www.thenelsonhalf.co.nz For more information, check out our website or flick me an e-mail at email@example.com......see you there!
Created with images by annca - "daffodils flowers yellow"