APPSChat Our School Podcast
This week I relaunched APPSChat, a regular podcast for parents and the community to hear from some of our amazing team about our programs at Anzac Park. You can subscribe to APPSChat through Apple Podcasts and Spotify (search APPSChat on Spotify or Apple Podcasts). This week's episode is a conversation about our partnership with Wilcannia Central School (Series 1 Episode 4). We talk about our teacher exchange program and Reconciliation Week. Make sure you subscribe to this initiative and I look forward to getting lots of new subscribers!
As a part of our 4 year school plan focused on Belonging, we are committed to creating opportunities for parents and carers to engage with the school to ensure collective responsibility for students learning and success. As part of this program, we are initiating parent community workshops called Connected Conversations where we will invite speakers to present on topics that you as a community have identified as an area of interest. I would like to thank the parents who contributed to our survey earlier this term. Using these survey results, we have organised two Connected Conversation evenings next term. Please put these dates in your diary now. An email will be sent out next week for parents to book into our first Connected Conversation evening.
Tuesday 20 July Dr Jodi Richardson @ 6.30pm Dr Richardson will present a 90 minute workshop on raising happier kids. She will provide practical skills for you to implement at home to support your child's mental health, resilience, leadership skills, creativity & skills to build stronger relationships
Wednesday 8 September Dr Kristy Goodwin @ 6.30pm In this 90 minute workshop, Dr Goodwin will arm parents with research-based yet realistic advice to help you feel confident raising a child in a digital age. She will provide a simple formula to determine healthy screentime and how you can establish online boundaries
From the beginning of Term 3, Mrs Amy Sackville, our K-2 Deputy Principal will be taking maternity leave. Ms Lydia Janabi will be relieving in the K-2 Deputy Principal position whilst Mrs Sackville is on leave.
Mountain Top is a whole school event where we celebrate our students and their learning. Our students are given the opportunity to publicly demonstrate their knowledge and understanding, and teach others in the community and beyond. A significant part of Mountain Top is the recognition of students who have demonstrated our global competencies. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, families will need to book tickets for this event.
Book your tickets for Mountain Top now using the link below:
Anzac Park is a proud uniform wearing school. A couple of reminders regarding our uniform:
- Please ensure your child is wearing Anzac Park uniform items and not alternate jumpers and hats.
- Black shoes are an important part of our uniform every day unless your child is wearing sports uniform.
- We have a ‘no hat, play in the shade’ policy and require every child to wear a school hat when outside. This includes before and after school. Beanies are not part of the school uniform.
We appreciate the support of all families in adhering to these uniform guidelines. As the weather starts to become colder, we are increasingly dealing with the challenge of tracking down jumpers and jackets when they are taken off at school. It is very frustrating when expensive clothing is lost or we are unable to return jackets to the owners as they do not have names on them.
Let’s work together as a whole school to do the following:
- Label every piece of your child’s school uniform clearly with their name – especially hats and jackets.
- Remind your child about the importance of putting their clothing in their bag if they take it off.
- If your child comes home with an item of clothing which does not belong to them, please return it to school with a note so that it can be returned to its rightful owner.
Mid-year report is part of the communication program between parents/caregivers and the school. Semester 1 reports will be available on the Sentral Parent Portal on Wednesday 23 June. If you need support in accessing your child's information using the Sentral Parent Portal, please contact Mrs Fiona Irvine in the office.
Do you have a child who turns five years of age before 31 July 2022 and will be ready to start school? We encourage all families with children starting school next year to contact the office as soon as possible to complete the enrolment paperwork. Please also spread the word to other local families interested in enrolling at our school that now is the time to work through this process.
Now is the time to complete an Application for Enrolment form. You can do this by doing one of the following:
- Going to our school website and completing an online enrolment application form.
- Emailing the school to request a form.
- Downloading a paper Application to Enrol form from the school website for siblings who live out of our school catchment zone.
Our 2022 Kindergarten Orientation dates have been set and are on our website. I look forward to commencing the interview process next term and the opportunity to meet all our 2022 students. In the meantime, we would like to finalise all of our enrolment documentation as soon as possible.
Spotlight on Indigo & Periwinkle 26
Indigo and Periwinkle had an amazing time at their 'Lights, Camera, Education' Incursion! Students collaborated in groups to create a storyboard and incorporated drama, props, camera angles, green screen and sound effects to bring their silent films to life. They can't wait to share their learning with you at Mountain Top!
News From the Library
Premier's Reading Challenge
- The number of students completing the Premier's Reading Challenge is growing. Year 4 are currently leading the way with a third of students finished. Stay tuned for news about the leading hub!
- If you need any assistance with PRC please come and visit us in the library next Tuesday, June 15 for a demonstration of how to log your child's books online. Please come between 8:30-9:00am or 2:30-3:30pm
- We appreciate your help in establishing routines at home so that library books do not go astray. Our loan period is 2 weeks, after that books become overdue and notices are sent home. Books can be returned to the green trolley in the library any day, anytime, no questions asked!
Any library questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
From The Office - Did You Know?
If you have a change in circumstances - here is what you need to do
Department of Education requirements for any change of circumstance must be advised to the school in writing. Please email the school email and include any necessary attachments including -
- Change of address/mobile phone/email
- Update of medical conditions – please include an action plan where necessary
- Change of living arrangements- separation/divorce – please include court orders if applicable
- If you are leaving Anzac Park PS please email your classroom teacher and the school email with as much notice as possible.
Gold & Silver Award Recipients
10 June Public Speaking Finals
23 June - 24 June Mountain Top
23 June Semester 1 Reports Home
Friday 25 June Last Day Term 2
Tuesday 13 July First Day For Students Term 3
Tuesday 20 July Dr Jodi Richardson Parent Workshop
Friday 23 July 100 Day of Kindergarten