Items Worth Noting
The Greenbrier School District will host its Annual Report to the Public on October 8th, 2019 at 6 p.m. within the regular School Board meeting in the District Administration Building. The public is invited to attend.
The Greenbrier School District will host its annual Title I Report to the Public on October 8th, 2019 at 5 p.m. in the District Administration Building. Parents will receive information regarding how the district and schools are progressing based on student achievement, graduation rates, teacher qualifications and ways parents can become involved with their child’s school success. Parents will be informed where to locate each building's Parental Involvement Plan and be invited to participate in future meetings to discuss: barriers impacting parental engagement, evaluation of the plan, ideas to utilize set-aside funds, and determine progress made by the school’s parental involvement plans. Parents will be made aware of each school’s letter grade. All parents of the Greenbrier School District are welcome to attend.
During parent/ teacher conferences, a representative from Friendship Community Care and Mrs. Huffmaster will be available from 4:00-5:30 in the special services conference room to assist with answering questions about completing the Medicaid Waiver Applications.
In order to provide a safe and orderly car rider drop off and pick up, please follow the above map and adhere to all instructions given by car duty teachers and officers. Your child's safety is our number one priority!!
If you will require a Driver's Attendance/ Grade Form or an ACT Student Identification Form, please contact the school office two days prior to the date you will need it. We want to make sure everything is correct and it is ready for you to pickup.
The tardy bell rings at 7:55am
Important Dates to Remember
- September 16th- Progress Reports were sent home
- October 7th- GJHS Picture Day!!!!
- October 8th- School Board Meeting (Title 1 and Annual Report to the Public)
- October 11th- School Assembly Rescheduled
- October 11th- End of the first nine weeks
- October 14th-17th ACT Aspire Interim 1 Assessments
- October 19th- Fall Festival Evening of Fun and Games
- October 22nd- Parent Teacher Conferences
- October 28th- November 1st- Red Ribbon Week
- October 29th- Flu Shots
- November 11th- Veterans Day
- December 17th-20th- Semester Exams
- February 18th- 8th Grade UCA Play Field Trip
Semester Exam Exemption Criteria
In an effort to encourage and reward students for attending school daily, GJHS is offering semester exam exemptions for the Fall and Spring semesters!
- Students will be exempt from semester testing if they miss 3 or fewer days of classroom instruction (excused or unexcused).
- School business absences will not count against students.
- Concurrent credit and AP courses require students take the semester/ final exam.
- Principal: Jason Miller - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assistant Principal: Sarah Jerry - email@example.com
- Dean of Students: Blake Benton- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Counselor: Millie Engler- email@example.com
- Secretary: Betsy Petty- firstname.lastname@example.org