Above: On Friday, February 7th, the 8th Grade Choir, Orchestra and Symphonic Band participated in our annual Outreach Tour to Barnard, Morse and Wattles. This was a great experience for our musicians and a treat for our future Bobcats!
Baker Scheduling for the 2020-2021 School Year
Current 6th and 7th Grade Students
It is hard to believe that we are already in the second half of the school year, and it is time to begin sharing information about registration for next year's classes. I am happy to announce that we are preparing to begin scheduling for the 2020 - 2021 school year. This week's Baker Blast will provide you with important information that you may find helpful with the course selection process. Please reference the videos below, which explain how you will complete the PowerSchool portion of the scheduling process this year.
This year we will use a three-step scheduling process that includes the completion of a course selection sheet, an online submission of your course requests through PowerSchool and the submission of your course selection sheet to your child's Science teacher. Your course selection sheet will be kept on file as a reference to ensure that your PowerSchool Parent Portal online course selection information is accurate.
On Wednesday, February 19th and Thursday, February 20th, the Baker counselors will be going into Science classrooms to distribute the course selection sheets and discuss the scheduling process. Please go over your course selection sheet with your student.
Course Selection Process
- Step 1 - Complete the paper course selection sheet
- Step 2 - Online course selection and submission through the PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Step 3 - Return completed course selection sheet to Science teacher
Important Scheduling Dates
- February 19th - Online Registration Starts: PowerSchool Parent Portal opens at 3 pm.
- February 19th - Counselors Distribute Course Selection Sheets – 6th Grade Science Classes.
- February 20th - Counselors Distribute Course Selection Sheets – 7th Grade Science Classes.
- February 28th – Course Selection Sheets are due to Science Teachers
- February 28th - Online Registration Deadline: PowerSchool Parent Portal closes at 8 pm.
AHS & THS Scheduling for the 2019-2020 School Year
Current 8th Grade Students
Athens and Troy High counselors will visit Baker on Thursday, 3/5 to begin scheduling for high school. Students will enter course requests into the PowerSchool Parent Portal by 3/25 and turn in their completed scheduling cards. On Thursday 3/26 the Athens and Troy High counselors will return to individually meet with students to discuss their course selections and address any questions they might have.
High School Curriculum Nights
These meetings are designed to provide information about course offerings to students and family members.
- Troy High - March 9th at 7 pm in the THS Cafeteria
- Athens - March 23rd at 7 pm in the AHS Cafeteria
Elementary Music Outreach Tour: Barnard, Morse, & Wattles
The Elementary Music Outreach Tour was a wonderful opportunity for our Bobcats to share their acquired skills and talents with our Troy community while inspiring and exposing our feeder elementary students to the Fine Arts experience at the middle school. This was a special day for our middle school musicians, and they loved being back where their musical tenure started.
8th Grade Combined Baker Fight Song
If you know the words to our fight song, it's hard to not sing along! Go Baker!