The PYTHON Bridge in Amsterdam
The PYTHON Bridge is located in Amsterdam. It spans the canal between Sporenburg and Borneo Island in the Eastern Docklands, Amsterdamn.
The Bridge was built in 2000 was completed in the same year and won the national footbridge award in 2002. In total it took years to build this beautiful work of art. It is
The Bridge spans 90 meters and was designed by Adriaan Geuze. The structure is an arch Bridge, and is for pedestrians who walk across. It's a large tourist attraction because of its interesting name. It's made out of steel. It's currently still in use.
F I V E I N T R E S T I N G F A C T S
- The python Bridge is nicknamed the red dragon Bridge
- The person who built this Bridge founded his own company called West 8
- The official Amsterdam name for this Bridge is Hoge Brug which means high Bridge
- The Bridge crosses a canal in the Netherlands.
- Amsterdam is the city of bridges.
S O U R C E S