PST files are not easy to deal with, they work with MS Outlook only, and you cannot import or open them in any other application. When it comes to view PST files emails as PDF documents, it becomes more of a difficult task. In this article we will relate some methods for saving PST emails as PDF documents.
Take Help from Adobe Acrobat
When you install Adobe Acrobat Reader, it provides in-built option in MS Outlook to save emails as PDF documents. Here how it works:
- Have both MS Outlook and Adobe Acrobat Install
- Now Open MS Outlook
- In the menu bar you can see Adobe Tab, click on it
- Now 2 options comes:
- Attach as Adobe PDF: Choosing this option means that all the attach files (DOC, XLS, PPT, etc.) are saved as PDF
- Attach as Secured Adobe PDF: Means the attach files will be saved with opening, copying or printing restriction
- Once the selection is made, 4 sub-menus appears, from these 2 options are for saving the files, choose any 1 to save PST as PDF:
- Selected Messages: To saves particular emails only, choose the files and then select Create New PDF or Append to Existing PDF >> Convert to PDF >> Name the PDF files >> Save
- Selected Folder: To save entire folder of emails at once, Choose the option >> Select Folder >> the saving process begins
MS Word also provide a Valid Route
This is also a very valid method that helps save PST file emails to PDF, this method is bit lengthy, as you can only save 1 email at a time in PDF document. Here how it works:
- Open MS Outlook
- Go to File Menu >> Save As
- Now in the Save as Windows, you can see File Type option, choose HTML
- Choose a location to save HTML file >> Save
- Now go to the location, where you saved the HTML file
- Select >> Right Click >> Open With MS Word
- Now in the MS Word go to File >> Save As >> Choose File type PDF
PST to PDF Converter is another Option
Some may find the manual method very lengthy and confusing, for them it is prefer to use the PST to PDF Converter Software. This software converts PST files with entire data into PDF format.
How to use PST to PDF Converter?
- Download and Install the Software
- As the software Window appear, you can see 3 steps
- Step 1: Click on Add .PST files option, you can select more than 1 PST file at a time
- Step 2: From the list, choose PDF as Saving Option
- Step 3: Browse for a destination to save the PDF files
- Now click on Convert and in seconds the process will be done
In comparison, it is a far simple and easy method, which anyone could execute without having any problem. The tool provides some amazing features, which make it more easy and fruitful solution.
- No need for Outlook or Acrobat Installation for conversion
- Saves emails with Attachments and that in their original format
- Preserves Metadata – Email ID’s, Date/Time, Subject, etc.
- Maintains Layout – Color, Font, Images, Graphics, etc.
- Works in all Windows OS
- Supports Orphan PST
All in all it is easy and simple method, which can make PST to PDF conversion seem a child play.