E-Newsletters - With 7 years experience producing a regular newsletter for a large international charity, I understand how to get the most out of this marketing tool.
Print Design - Print is not dead as is often reported. There are still circumstances where a well designed leaflet can really connect with your audience and help you stand out. I have created postcards to promote events and also designed promotional items such as calico bags.
Copy - I have written engaging copy for different audiences and contexts. Examples include guidelines for software use, blog posts and FAQ pages.
Photography - While everyone now has access to a camera through their mobile, capturing quality images is not always easy. I have taken high quality photographs of events and products showcasing them in their best light.
Video - Context and length is key with online video. It offers another way to tell the story behind you product or service. I have produced short videos incorporating interviews and graphical content that have been successfully used on web pages and social media.
UX & Design
Promotional links for UACES homepage re-design
Having built scalable websites from the ground up I understand how best to balance user needs with organisational goals. I have experience:
- Improving form design;
- Integrating clear and helpful communications that support users;
- Redesigning web pages (including home-pages) to increase click-through and better showcase services or products;
- Designing clear pathways to aid users' journeys through a site;
- Amending web page text and technical configuration for SEO;
- Writing personas to profile different user groups;
- Creating visually appealing user interface (UI) graphics that support users and reinforce organisational branding.
While there's no doubt social media can be an effective way of getting noticed it can be time consuming and often last on the to-do list. Effective social media is about upping your engagement without putting in the long hours. In order to achieve this I have experience:
- Undertaking social media reviews to identify key target audiences and current levels of engagement;
- Creating attractive and stand out material that is highly shareable.
- designing content schedules that integrate with other promotional activities;
- optimising social media accounts using cross-posting tools (i.e. IFTTT);
- innovating tools and approaches that encourage your customers to generate favourable content.
I take a collaborative approach to problem solving and find it beneficial to work alongside others as part of the creative process. For one this is much more rewarding and it also leads to better outcomes.
I enjoy investigating new ways of working and have participated in design-thinking jams and regularly attend workshops. I'm always on the lookout for new tools that will help enhance the way I work.