The New Dilemma: Are the videos effective? Do they watch?
- Initially, video was posted on a webpage and that link was emailed to students
- Quiz scores were typically acceptable
- No data collected formally or informally on effectiveness of the videos
- Video takes A LOT more time to prep than 10-15 minute live session
New Approach: Video Data Analytics
- College adopted a new, web-based video server: ilos
- Moved videos to ilos in Spring 2018
- Shared link to videos in email and embedded on website
- Now we have data on what students watched to decide what needs refinement
- Video Analytics in iLos: https://app.ilosvideos.com/view/MP0pyHDeKqbo?autoplay=1&t=0.20
Want to know more about ilos?
Danny Lindsey: email@example.com