Minutes 2.27 Secretary, Regan Cobb

Convocation given by Senator Crosland.

Roll taken by Secretary Cobb.

Senators Reinker, Jones, Webb, Wright, Cullen, Hirt, Newton, Kazmier, Hoffman, Hooper, Seymore, McCormick, Lynn, DuBro, and Reinert found absent.

Academic Affairs: Leland Dunwoodie

  • Shoutout
  • AA@Zumba
  • Updates
  • Open Access Resources
  • Great DIRS
  • Your Voice feedback
  • Projects
  • International Student Event
  • Interview Absence Policy
  • Open Access Resources
  • NIMS w/ Perry
  • Your Voice.
  • Pre-med packet
  • DIRS
  • Jim Morris | Eukaryotic Pathogens
  • Tuesday | 12:30pm | Cooper Lobby
  • Ideas for AA
  • Ideas Form
  • Contact Info
  • Leland Dunwoodie | 269-759-4768 | ldunwoo@g.clemson.edu

Athletics: Trevor Newton

  • Ticketing Updates
  • Working with R&D to write up a formal policy
  • Starting to make final decisions on various aspects of the policy
  • Block Seating etc.
  • ADA
  • Jonathan had a very good idea concerning the addition of new accessible seats in the stadium…Ask him for details
  • Campus Recreation Updates
  • Izzy continuing her work here
  • Clemson Marketing Committee
  • Calm before the Roar
  • Moved the point total to 6 points from 10
  • Re-shot the video
  • The Athletic Dept. will lay out 1200 t shirts and hand out post cards during the game with instructions
  • Athletic Department looks to table on library bridge the day of the game to raise awareness
  • There was some concern of the copyright status with the former tiger being from Aladdin
  • Collegiate Club Restructure
  • ISAB was reluctant here
  • Feel like there will be lash back to increase the cost of entering CC
  • Looking to contact Athletic Department about this to figure out the feasibility of this restructure
  • Two more close losses
  • 2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS (This will stay here every week)
  • Contact Info: Phone: (864)-508-6334
  • Email: trevorn@g.clemson.edu

Campus Life: Robert Lee Storey

  • Full funding for laundry alerts from ITSAB
  • Applying focus on the sustainability of all CL projects from this term
  • Input for Campus Life? Mention it here! http://goo.gl/forms/9iOUDqvkVn

Finance and Procedures: Lindsey Wright

  • Miller, Rachel, and B sitting on Elections Committee as liaisons from F&P
  • If you have any elections related questions, please contact me first and then Emma. Her email is emmalis@g.clemson.edu
  • March 1st is the Student Body Election! Don’t forget to vote :)
  • Monday and Tuesday in the front conference room
  • Monday 3:00-till around 10 or 11 and Tuesday 4:00-till around 10 or 11
  • I highly recommend you attend at least one hearing
  • Long pieces of funding legislation will be going through next week; make sure you give them your due diligence
  • One piece of legislation for Big 6 organization funding and one piece of legislation for Club Sports funding
  • If you want notes on past allocations I have them from 2015-onward HMU
  • Meeting with AJ, Nathan, + Christian this week to officially finish handbook archivization and modernization
  • Molly’s MCAT panel is this week [SEE GRAPHIC BELOW]
  • As always, hmu if you have any questions or just wanna chat (864) 421-5006 @lindseywrong

Health and Human Services: Jess Schnorr

  • Sexual Assault Ad Hoc Committee met again last week
  • Don’t have the chain of command to get rape kits
  • Shows need for trauma advocates
  • Healthy Campus working on partnerships for Ain’t Patty’s Day, etc.
  • Jacob is starting to work on a more inclusive housing form
  • Ally training is this Sunday!!
  • Identity Specific Counseling
  • Janay is eager to formalize a senate transition for all of the new senators
  • Janay and Olivia are the HHS liaisons for SSAM and Youth Violence Prevention - please let us know if you want to be more involved with SSAM events in April
  • Jordan is continuing the fight for ADA accessibility in Athletic facilities
  • Steven Patrick’s Venmo: @Steven_Patrick
  • Still the Hottest Hellraisers in Senate. hmu: 843.619.1555 // jschnor@g.clemson.edu // @yayyjesss // snapchat me: yayyjesss // be my guardian in Clem

Transportation and Facilities: Jacob McMeekin

  • Major Projects for the Semester:
  • Bike Share Implementation
  • Right after Spring Break
  • LEV Commuter Permits
  • Legislation this week
  • Potential Green Crescent Trail Resolution with CCD
  • Legislation this week
  • Game Day Transit Options
  • Planning group meeting
  • Continued Red Route Discussions
  • Meeting set for March 9th
  • Parking and Transportation:
  • Park and Ride:
  • Both R-06 and parking at the Snow Facility will be a park and ride option for students next year. $24 for the year.
  • Bus schedules for lots have not been finalized yet
  • Working with Izzy to expand shuttle service out to the Snow Facility
  • Facilities:
  • Long-Range Framework Plan Mobility meeting was Thursday:
  • Very productive. Will share copy of full presentation once available
  • http://clemsonframeworkplan.com/assets/PedestrianizingtheCampus_FINAL.pdf

University Services: Dory Askins

  • Remote proctoring committee –Courtney
  • ITSAB meeting – carillon ci, laundry alerts, makerspace
  • Food summit
  • Iroar governance board - Thomas

Clerk: Steven Patrick


Secretary: Regan Cobb

  • Baton
  • Look out for After the Gavel this week!
  • Paper Plate awards!

Pro Temp: Samuel Reinert

  • Senate Cookout March 4th @Harts Cove 1-4
  • https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aPWoBGkVdoYtmzFNjj4NQuWvveoEkTyNqpSwpIrnbO8/edit#gid=0
  • The driving photo from formal is missing, if you took it hmu #FindTheDrivingPhoto2k17

Student Body VP: Nicki Seidman

  • Clemson Day is tomorrow
  • TPP meeting Wednesday
  • Values Statement Task Force resolution coming through this week
  • VPSA meeting Wednesday
  • State of Student Body Address March 13th
  • Freshman Council: Spring Blitz-FC will be hosting the "True Life" Panel (April 13, 14, 17, 18) and hosting the Accepted Students Expo
  • Sustainability: Profitshare this Wednesday at 356 5pm-2 am

President: David Gundana

  • Congratulations Leland Dunwoodie
  • Legislation tonight
  • Elections tonight

No Old Business

New Business

Resolution No.15

Authors: Joey Wilson and Nicki Seidman

To Express Support for the Creation of a Task Force to Write, Review, and Establish a Values Statement for Clemson University

JL: Can you talk about how these people are selected?

JW: The president of each group of constiguencies will decide.

JL: How is that limited group of people supposed to represent Clemson?

JW: Outreach committee and student body email will help this.

JL: The term task force implies future goals. Can you explain this?

JW: We can make it apart of the convocation and it would continue past the value statement.

KS: How long will this task force be around for?

JW: A little over a year.

KS: Would the next student body president be able to replace these representatives?

JW: I would hope they wouldn’t have to.

GN: Can you speak to why it has failed 6 times?

JW: It didn’t include a large group of students.

GN: Who would issue the punishment?

JW: It would be more focused on peer accountability.

MM: Have you given thought to an interview process?

JW: That’s something we could think about it.

MG: How will those three students represent Clemson?

JW: They will go to other groups.

MG: Do you have adequate plan for this to be effective?

JW: I have confidence.

JC: Move to send resolution to back to the executive committee.

Resolution No. 16

Authors: Mando Smoak and Jacob McMeekin

To Express Support for Low Emission Vehicle Permits for Students

CH: Someone with a commuter or residential parking pass can’t park in LEV spots?

MS: If they get a pass they can. Students want these spots.

CH: What is the difference between carpool and LEV?

MS: Carpool involes multiple people in a car.

CP: What is the surge charge?

JM: The surge charge will go to that energy amount.

JC: Friendly amendment.

MR: How many resondents did you have?

MS: 105

MM: Where will regular commuter students park?

MS: Dan has assured us that they will have spots.

JL: When will these spots be implemented?

JM: Start of next year. Permit application opens in April.

GN: What would happen if not enough people signed up?

JM: We would reolocate.

BB: These spots don’t cost more?

JM: Correct.

NM: Motion to send resolution back to F&P.

Resolution No.17

Authors: Jacob McMeekin and Will Augustino

To Express Support for the Green Crescent Trail System

LD: What happens if we pass this?

CC: This will be happening.

MM: Do you have statistics on how many Clemson students bike?

CC: We do not.

JM: I don’t have it off the top of my head, but I can get those for you.

AA: Will the first 10 miles be a trial run?

CC: They are planning on doing the trail in pieces.

AA: Is there a timeline for this project?

CC: The timeline is variable. A lot of it is based on money. My hope would be within 10 years.

MM: Motion to move resolution into T&F.

Created By
Regan Cobb

Made with Adobe Slate

Make your words and images move.

Get Slate

Report Abuse

If you feel that this video content violates the Adobe Terms of Use, you may report this content by filling out this quick form.

To report a Copyright Violation, please follow Section 17 in the Terms of Use.