to our membership brochure. We're delighted you are reading more about us and considering joining - or even better, renewing your memberhip.
You'll find plenty of reasons as to why you should join us. Most of all we want you to join because we're passionate, committed, welcoming, collaborative and curious community of professionals.
We love sharing what we do and helping each other be the best we can be.
We know it's not easy working in our world, but if you are looking for like-minded, caring people, who love talking all things workforce - then we're the organisation for you.
Who are we?
The Public Services People Managers' Association (PPMA) is the first choice association for people professionals in public services.
We are a diverse, passionate, committed, innovative and welcoming community of professionals.
We play a critical role in influencing key decision makers and stakeholders involved in workforce related topic.
We also work closely with our valued MOU partners, CIPD, HPMA and UHR to collaborate and raise our collective voice.
Our membership proposition is...
Why Join us?
We work on your behalf on a number of key areas:
We lobby policy makers ensuring workforce is at the heard of the debate about public services.
We develop content and thought leadership around 8 key Strategic themes:
- Let's Talk: Leadership
- Let's Talk: Wellbeing
- Let's Talk: Developing our Organisations
- Let's Talk: Digital
- Let's Talk: Workforce Transformation
- Let's Talk: Evidence
- Let's Talk: Future Workforce
- Let's Talk: You
We provide a range of regional events with great networking opportunities and an annual national conference.
Via our valued relationships with sponsors and partners, we offer you access to the latest solutions and services; and we develop joint research.
What you recieve
- Access to a national network of passionate, committed, diverse and collaborative HR & OD professionals
- Free access to PPMA Regional Events and participation in research programmes
- PPMA Newsletters, case studies and research papers
- Whitepapers from PPMA sponsors and partners
- Weekly website blogs
- Discounted prices for non-free PPMA events (e.g., Annual Conference)
- Discounts to other partner programmes and membership
- Access to our sponsors and partners, high quality speakers etc
- Free/discounted access to a range of webinar based bite sized learningFree access (for HR Directors) to our MOU Strategic Forums (with CIPD, HPMA & UHR)
- All PPMA members will receive a free CARI wellbeing questionnaire from The Maria Paviour Company (normally, this would cost £95 per person).
- PPMA organisations can contribute to the CARI 2020 programme at a reduced price. The focus of which is to capture wellbeing data for over 1 million public sector workers.
- As a PPMA member when you join our strategic partners Boundless you will be sent a £10 Love2Shop voucher/Gourmet Society membership card – this is an exclusive giveaway just for PPMA members – you must enter promocode PPMA19 when you join to receive your voucher/membership activation code. Find out more here
Who can join?
Membership is open to all:
- HR/OD professionals in the public sector - full membership.
- HR/OD professionals in organisations supporting the delivery of HR/OD in public sector organisations.
- Other professionals who have "people management" as part of their role.
As part of our MOU we open up our free regional events to CIPD, HPMA and UHR members.