Hey Random Foodie Fam! I have an easy Oven-Baked Meatball recipe for you and it is super simple to make! If you’re into meal prepping like me, keep reading!
Baking meatballs in the oven will free up time to get other things done. I made these with ground pork & ground turkey because I wanted a toothier texture and added “fatty” flavor than I would get from turkey alone. Also, a great way to “sneak” some spinach into a kid's meal. Adding veggies to meat dishes not only makes them more nutritious, but also more budget-friendly (when used to replace some of the meat).
Sausage & Turkey Meatballs Recipe
- 2 Italian sausage links
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp Mrs. Dash Table Blend
- 1 cup of fresh spinach
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a sheet pan with foil (easy cleanup).
- 2. Dice onions and chiffonade the spinach.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the ground meat, spinach, onions, and all the spices.
- 4. Form into 2-inch balls by rolling in hands (I don't mind getting my hands dirty but you could use a meat baller instead) and arrange on sheet pan.
- 5. Bake for about 20 minutes or until cooked through.