We are excited to begin Celebration 2020 this Sunday. As we join together for our celebration series, we look forward to celebrating the work God has done and will do in our communities. At Evergreen, our mission is to grow passionate followers of Jesus. We will be diving into Matthew 13, we will explore the ways that Jesus relates ministry to the steady, slow, and intentional practice of growing and caring for a seed, until it is ready for harvest.
Invitation - Matthew 13:18-23
“Listen then to what the parable of the sower means: When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in their heart. This is the seed sown along the path. The seed falling on rocky ground refers to someone who hears the word and at once receives it with joy. But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away. The seed falling among the thorns refers to someone who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, making it unfruitful. But the seed falling on good soil refers to someone who hears the word and understands it. This is the one who produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.”
- How are you doing this week?
- How have you identified with the different soils in your life at different times?
- If you’re the soil, the thought of having a rototiller run through you is probably not exciting, but it’s part of cultivation. How do you feel God is at work tilling the soil of your heart? How can you welcome that or participate in it?
- How can you partner with Evergreen in cultivating fertile ground?
- For the flourishing of Christ's church everywhere
- For a love of and commitment to the communities in which God has placed us
- For the humility and vulnerability to allow God to till our hearts
Evergreen is working hard to continue to care well for our church and our community. Like many businesses, families, and organizations, the circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 virus put churches in a difficult financial situation. If you would like to give financially in the weeks in which we are unable to gather, you can do so by clicking this button:
Be Blessed – Ephesians 3:17-19
May Christ dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
Family Activity Guide
Click below for kids ministry resources that you can engage at home with your children!