Applications are created for people's needs even if they don't know they have them yet. They can entertain, inform, keep track of, help out, etc. For example, here's a list of apps I commonly use:
- Facebook: Keeps me communicated with my friends who I've made all along.
- Instagram: Helps me express myself through images and lets me see other stuff that is going around the world.
- Flipboard: Informs me by showing daily important news that are happening over the world.
- Whatsapp: Lets me text message freely to my friends, allowing me to send pictures, audios, etc.
- Snapchat: Social media where I like to post some of my little daily adventures, people like doing this a lot.
- Messenger: Helps people communicate easily without having to ask for phone numbers, besides it has features in which you can share stuff to work along with people.
- Tapastic: I like to support less known artists, therefore I read their comics and support them through this application, they've got really good stories!
- Duolingo: An app that helps people practice a language, anywhere and at any time
- Twitter: Another social media that I like to use to keep updates on stuff I'm interested in, and to express myself about it.
- Youtube: Media in which I like to watch videos, listen to music, get explanations (like for math) when I'm in doubts.
- An app that allows you to read international, non recognized artists' comics, and allows to support them, for all ages.
- An app that shows your balanced meal of the day, for all ages.
- An app that creates easy and original logos, for buisness men or women.
- An app that allows you to design your own clothes and helps you get materials, for designers.
- An app that allows people to limit the hours that they have on other applications, for young children or people that need to stay away from a phone.
Fixing a code activity
Social media apps: Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, snapchat:
This apps are usually for uploading pictures, thoughts, they're medias that people use to express themselves, most likely they were made to communicate with people whom are far away from friends.
News apps:Flipboard, Buzzfeed,BBCNEWS
These apps are used by people that want to get informed about any news that are going on around the world, it could be about movies, celebrities, economy, etc
Entertainment: netflix, youtube, spotify,hbo now, shazam, temple run, mystic messenger
Now these apps have different functions but same purpose: to entertain. They could be series like in Netflix or HBO Now, they could be for music such as Youtube, Spotify or Shazam, or just to kill some time while you're free like playing games such as Temple Run or Mystic Messenger.
Now, all of this apps are different, obviously, so I personally decided to rank which are the easiest to the hardest to use for me:
I listed them in their complexity order, some apps have basic things, simple designs, not many options to use, meanwhile some of them are tough to use due to a full menu of options that I didn't even know how to use, which took me some time to figure out.
Going back to lesson 2, some of the idea apps that would be really useful could be these:
An app that allows people to limit the hours that they have on other applications, for young children or people that need to stay away from a phone: this could be helpful since nowadays what people lack is human interaction, besides it's not healthy to have the eyes on the phone all day, therefore people could spend more quality time together.
An app that shows your balanced meal of the day, for all ages: People have a hard time all they time deciding on what they should eat, so with specific information you could put, it can make a balanced meal just fitting for you.
Now, about these two applications, this is what they do and why do they need to exist:
An app that will allow people to limit the hours that they have on other applications, and it needs to exist because, people nowadays are obssessed with technology, and little by little they're erasing humanity and human interaction, therefore it may be essential for those that are getting consumed by apps.
An app that will show your balanced meal of the day, for all ages, because nowadays people eat more fast food rather than homemade food, which increases obesity. People can check the options that they can eat and accordingly to their body.
GPS, Camera, Touchscreen, Accelerometer could be useful in our team app in these ways:
GPS: can help us locate places where we need to find people or meet points.
Camera: Could help us locate which people are we looking for, or help us scan some codes to meet or parties.
Accelerometer: Could help the person (if wished to be shown) where they are and how long it will take them to arrive.
Touchscreen: Finger print feature to log in, so no one else may grab your phone and set a meet up without permission.
Infinite Loop Song Exercise
From the last few applications, it could be useful in our very own app, how so? Well:
GPS: can help us locate places where we need to find people or meet points, since meetU is an app to find new people nearby.
Camera: Could help us locate which people are we looking for, or help us scan some codes to meet or parties, to get easier locations or people that are looking for someone.
Accelerometer: Could help the person (if wished to be shown) where they are and how long it will take them to arrive to the meeting point, this way people will know whether they will be meeting up or maybe not.
Touchscreen: Finger print feature to log in, so no one else may grab your phone and set a meet up without permission, because people may do things we don't want to sometimes, that's why you can feel safe.
Top 3 competitors for our app "MeetU":
- Moco: It is a good application with no fake profiles, friendly people, very diverse, people can know where you're from, you can play games, share pictures, have one on one chats, select chats based on interest, it has mostly positive feedback.
- Chatous: Users can chat anonymously if they want to feel safer, it has a very good security and protects the user's privacy. Images, videos, voice notes, etc can be shared, although they have timing, they expire and disappear with makes the app obsolete. Altough makes a person feel safer to share though media.
- Meetme: It does have diversity, since there's people from all over the world, although concept is weird since you can "own" friends by spendingg money to buy them, you can unlock areas through coins and increasing popularity, it is based a lot on casinos and arcades.