weekly school News
** Each week be sure to scroll to the bottom of the weekly newsletter for all kinds of community and extracurricular activities/events (basketball, dance, cheerleading, cross country, etc...)
1. #thankfulThursday: As mentioned earlier this year, we had a large group of staff members who met on several occasions over the summer to discuss our old "Behavior Card." The goal was to find a way to make this a more positive communication tool for our parents and students. This card was created as a scaled feedback tool to provide you with, not only the traditional information you have always received, but also a glimpse into the positive choices and leadership that your child is displaying throughout his/her day.
As we enter the homestretch of the 2018-19 school year, we are asking for your help again. We would like to share with our staff regular, positive feedback from a variety of sources. Please take a few moments and use the link below to provide some encouragement to those folks that are making a major difference in your child's future. These comments can be anonymous, or you can provide your name. The office staff will use the provided comments every Thursday for our #thankfulThursday movement. The attached form can be completed, as little or often as you like, throughout the entire school year. We appreciate your continued support in growing the culture of gratitude that already exists at MIS!!
A few comments that have recently been shared:
"When my son had to miss class, Mrs. Knecht-Strong and Mrs. Wayne were helpful in communicating via email and making sure the info was available of what needed to be done to minimize him being behind on any work that may have been missed! Thank you on behalf of our family."
"Thank you to Mrs. Yeager for being a constant support to every child and staff member in this building. She takes on more than we know and we are extremely grateful to have her smiling face greet us each day and welcome our constant questions. Thank you for being so supportive and for keeping the rest of us organized!"
"I am so thankful for Mrs. Kerkhof, who so kindly went out of the office to personally go search the lost and found for my son's missing lunchbox and coat. I cannot thank you enough for looking and finding them for us. Thank you again!"
2. PTO News: We are looking for interested parents to help our students and staff continue the academic success that we have experienced this year. Board positions as well as volunteer positions are available for the 2019-20 school year. You can be as involved as much or little as fits your schedule. If you have any interest, we would encourage you to reach at to current PTO President, Mrs. Hasty (email@example.com) or Principal, Mr. Whitaker at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to speak with you about how you can support MIS. You may also visit the PTO Facebook page for more information. (https://www.facebook.com/Maxwell.Intermediate.PTO.gcsc.in.us)
3. Click here for more information on GCHS In-School Physical Night Information
4. Grandparents' Day: We would like to thank the many grandparents who took the time to come visit with us this week. We had a great time seeing all of you, and we know our students appreciated you taking the time to come.
A big thanks to our staff: cafeteria, custodial, office, IAs and everybody else for all of the additional work and time this places on you to prepare for this event. We greatly appreciate you!!
5. Assistant Principal Week: During this special week, it wouldn't be right if we didn't recognize Mrs. Greulich for all of her efforts at MIS. Sometimes you don't fully appreciate who you work with until they are gone. However, we know she is doing a great job at Eden!! Although Mrs. Leliaert has done an outstanding job in her absence, we look forward to Mrs. Greulich's return to MIS!
6. 2019 ILEARN Schedule: Please know that EACH CHILD WILL NEED EARBUDS OR HEADPHONES for this assessment. We would kindly ask that your child bring what he/she uses on a daily basis to school on these dates for the purpose of testing.
Testing will begin at 8:10am each morning and will be taken in your child's homeroom classroom unless otherwise needed.
Please know that we will have two consecutive blue days (May 2nd/3rd) followed by two gold days (May 6th/7th) to allow us to complete testing.
7. Gotcha Prize Winners: We would like to recognize the following students for exhibiting great character throughout the week. They were selected as our "Gotcha" prize winners this week:
Carley K., Jayden D., Amelia M., Jonah R., Kaileigh D., Zachary W., Corbin E., and Spencer A.
8. Greenfield-Central Junior High Opportunities for Next Year's 7th Graders
9. Please find attached the most recent flyers regarding Greenfield-Central HS summer athletic camps:
10. Camp Invention: "Parents of Incoming Kindergarten - current 5th grade students, don't miss out on the early registration discount. With code INNOVATE25 you can save $25 dollars off of the base price. *NEW* this year, you can select the payment plan option WITH the discount code. When checking out on your online registration, Select Payment Plan (You can pay the order total in Full or over 3 Even Payments. If you select 3 Even Payments, you will pay one-third of your balance now, with the remaining amount divided into two equal payments and auto-deducted at 30 and 60 days from the date of registering.) Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity at a discounted rate!"
The 2019 camp will be July 15-19th at J.B. Stephens Elementary from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. The cost per child is $230. The camp is for children entering grade K-6. If you have questions or need more information, please contact Ms. Amanda Bradford at email@example.com.
11. YMCA Summer Day Camp: Welcome to YMCA Summer Day Camp! Welcome to a summer experience that is so much more than camp. This summer, your child will swim, run, play, and explore, all in an environment that helps them learn and grow. They will step outside of their comfort zones to try new things, develop new friendships that will last a lifetime, and be in a place where they know they belong and feel safe.
12. Library News: Did you know we have eBooks available for MIS students? We received them through the Greenfield-Central School Foundation and want to spread the word. Below is a tutorial you can watch on how to gain access. The eBooks can be read on iPads or Chromebooks. Students can download the books for offline access as well. Should you have questions regarding this, please contact Ms. Lucy Gellert, GC Director of Library Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. Safe School Alert: SafeSchools Alert is our district's tip reporting service. If you have information about a threat to our safety, do your part and report it. Please remember, you can remain anonymous. Should you have a need to report an issue, please click on the link below for details on how to do so.
14. School Dismissal Manager: Should you still need to sign up for School Dismissal Manager, please click the link below.
15. Volunteer Forms: Click on the link. Once you are on the page, click on the red apply button in the upper right hand corner to complete the process.
Keeping Up With the Latest Information at MIS
Click the button below for more details
MIS PTO Email Contact: MaxwellPTO.email@example.com
- MIS Twitter Feeds (#proud2bMIS, #MISgotchas)
April 16th: Athletic Physical Night at GCHS (5pm - 7pm)
April 22nd - May 17th: ILEARN Testing Window
April 25th: K-Kids Meeting (7:00am)
May 10th: 5th Grade DARE Picnic
May 10th: PTO Meeting (2:30pm - Library)
May 17th: 4th Grade Famous Hoosier Presentations
May 22nd: Incoming 4th Grade Parent Meeting (6:30pm - MIS Cafeteria)
May 23rd: Incoming 7th Grade Parent Meeting (7:00pm - GCJHS)
May 30th: End of Year Awards (More details/times to come soon)
OPPORTUNITIES AROUND MIS, GC, AND THE LOCAL COMMUNITY