America Seeks Its Manifest Destiny
- American believed that their nation mission should be to serve as a model of freedom.
- Many believed the nation's mission was to spread freedom by settling the entire continent.
- In the 1840s, New York newspaper editor John O'Sullivan expressed in more specific words the idea of a national mission.
Texas Declared Its Independence
- On March 2, 1836, four days before the fall of the Alamo Texas had declared its independence.
- After the statehood the Texans took an army of 900 lead by Sam Houston and killed 600 Mexican soldiers yelling "Remember the Alamo"