What is tumblR?
Tumblr is a site that combines microblogging and social networking.
The service allows the user to post multimedia and other content to a short-form blog. The multimedia includes:
Similar to Pinterest, Tumblr has categories and pages that a user can like or follow.
- Follow other user's blogs, categories, and pages
- Like blogs, categories, and pages
The Tumblr dashboard makes it easy for people to use and share content.
It is part of the top 20 sites in the United States.
Per day, it has over 200 million blogs and 80 million posts.
Per visit, users spend about 14 minutes on Tumblr, longer than Facebook and Twitter.
In addition, everything user's blog to Tumblr can be directly shared to Twitter, Facebook, and Reddit.
how you can advertise on tumblr?
- Sponsored Posts
- Desktop Radar
- Mobile Trending
- Sponsored Video
- Like regular Tumblr posts - with way more engagement
- Targetable by gender, location, and interest
- Can be syndicated to Yahoo for added reach
- Tumblr charges a cost-per-engagement (CPE) rate
- Tumblr will place a partner's ad in every user's dashboard
- CPM, impressions are guaranteed
Mobile Trending Blog
- Mostly used to grow your followers
- Your blog is featured among the best and most recent on the mobile device
- Your video is pushed on the dashboard stream and will auto play and loop to maximize views
AMC worked with Tumblr and released a series of sponsered posts to create awareness about its new television drama, Halt and Catch Fire.
ASOS, an online fashion retailer, asked Tumblr to help them design and execute a paid media campaign around a t-shirt design contest for Tumblr artists.
Sweet Tart worked with Tumblr to create awareness of its new Soft & Chewy Ropes and Candy Sours through sponsor ads.