Objectives of the race
Make a quality trail race accessible to the remote villages in Nepal, starting from Mira Rai's own village.
Promote a remote region of Nepal which has a great potential for organising trail running race.
Support the athletes who show demonstrated talent with further opportunities within or outside Nepal.
- Race Tour participants will be accommodated into a homestay arrangement near the race venue.
- The runners who have signed up for one day race will be staying in the camps arranged near the start and finish venue. The camps will be clean and maintained, however, you are requested to bring your own sleeping bags.
- Race tour participants will have their food covered for the entire duration of the tour in Kathmandu and Bhojpur.
- Dinner for 15th February and 16th February breakfast, checkpoint hydration and food, recovery soup and snack, and dinner will be available for all the race participants for the race day.
Hygiene and Sanitation
- Bhojpur faces water shortage, hence it is advisable to carry your own hygiene arrangements in case you won’t be able to take a shower or bath during the race days.
- Sanodumma village doesn’t have any bathing facility, so for 15th and 16th, there will be no washing facility.
- The handwashing stations and water for the toilets will be arranged in the race venue. Please use water judiciously.
- It is advisable to carry a Hand sanitizers at ALL times and use it as soon as you touch something.
- Please leave the toilets clean after you use them.
- Carry your own Toilet papers and throw them into the doko/dustbin made for toilet papers. Do not throw toilet papers into the toilet hole, this can lead to the toilet blockage.
- For Race Tour participants:
- Bhojpur is connected by direct flight service by Nepal airlines but it is directly affected by the weather conditions in Kathmandu and Bhojpur.
- Other nearest airport is in Tumlingtar. Tumlingtar is 6 hours Jeep ride from Bhojpur. There could be multiple private flight services, but also affected by the weather conditions in Kathmandu and Tumlingtar.
- If none of the flight services are available, we will have to take bus or Jeep service of about 32 -36 hours back to Kathmandu.
- We will try to get the fastest possible option for our tour, however, if there are no options and we are running out of time, we will choose the bus or jeep journey
Bus service will be arranged for the participants coming from Kathmandu. Please contact 9808594623 for transportation issues.
- In new destinations, you could suffer from Traveller's diarrhoea, tiredness, headaches, stomach pain, vomiting, etc
- We will have a paramedic accompany us for the entire race event, however, for your own safety please carry a personal first aid kit which has medicines and ointments that you are familiar with and have been using.
- There will be an emergency contact number, and ambulance and Bhojpur health post will be kept in alert in case of any emergency. We request you to follow personal safety on priority while racing.
Race garna parcha ! Ramailo garna parcha!!
See you in Bhojpur !!!
Our Special Thanks to
- We would also like to extend our heartfelt thanks to our individual supporters Mr Julien Ackerer for being the first participant of the Bhojpur Race Tour and for donating USD 250 for the project.
- We are grateful to Ultra-runner legend Miss Lizzy Hawker for pledging gifts for the top performing children of Sanodumma village on 15th February.
Primary Organising committee in Bhojpur
With special support and permission of Nepal Government
Venue Partners Sanodumma Village, Ward 5
Our radio partners have been spreading the news of the races in their zones and have been very instrumental in promoting the charity race across the eastern region.