Christopher Columbus discovers the NEW WORLD...
No matter how famous he may be, Christopher actually made a lucky mistake. His original goal was to find the land loaded with a jackpot of spices. Instead he landed on the New World. This is what he told the Spanish about and this is what they took over and colonized and this is where we live today!!
- He was a sailor his whole life
- He was rejected twice (once by the Portuguese and again by the Genoa)
- The Spanish government sent him on a three-ship voyage of discovery
Christopher Columbus was a sailor his whole life, so it is obvious from a young age that he had a future in it. As he grew older and became a professional he requested to go on a voyage. However he was rejected twice from the Portuguese and then the Genoa. Then he went to the Spanish as a last result and they accepted his request and sent him on an adventure.
- The devestation of the native population
- The natives were not used to the diseases that the Spanish were, so they were dying off very fast and easy.
- We live here!
Because of the discovery of the new world the natives suffered very much. They were infected by the diseases dramatically. Because they brought all of the new diseases over that they were not used to, they were not able to stop the spread. On a side note, because it was discovered we are able to live here!