Def: A depressants are a drug that lowers neurotransmission levels, which is to depress or reduce arousal or stimulation, in various areas of the brain.
Short-term effects: Dizziness, Poor concentration, Dilated pupils, Slow brain function, Difficulty to urinate, Visual disturbances.
Long-term effects: Produce depression, insomnia, Breathing difficulties, Chronic fatigue, Sexual problems
- Weight Gain
There are so many drugs known from all over the world, these are only some of thousands of the drugs and medications out there.
- Clomipramine (Anafranil)
- Mirtazpine(Remeron), primarly for depression
- Bupropion(Wellbutin, Forfivo, Aplenzin), Mild dopamine and norepinephrine reuptake blocker.
- And more...
- Depressants slow down your brain in for the long term, making it hard for the drug addicts to fell normal without taking the drug.
- Depressant drugs overdose can increase high blood sugar, diabetes, and weight gain.
- There are more over 16 short term effects to depressant drugs.
- Depressant drug intoxication is similar to alcohol intoxication.
- If someone abuses the drug, it can result to coma or death.