Creating, building and extending your own model
This section introduces the basics to create, build and extend a simulation model. The estimated time to finish this session is 30 minutes.
After completing this session you will be able to:
- Create a new Project and model Network.
- Build a model Network, include time series, run the model and view results, and add and compare scenarios.
- Add a reservoir and operating rules.
Creating your own Project and Network
This video shows how to create a new Project and model Network.
Building a simulation model
Once the model was created, these videos show how to:
A. Setting up and running a model network
The video contains the following chapters.
- 0:00 - Introduction
- 0:07 - Including inflow time series. Data are available here.
- 1:23 - Defining a water abstraction demand
- 3:10 - Setting up the simulation period and time step
- 5:59 - Running and visualizing the baseline scenario in the model
- 7:15 - Running and visualizing an alternative scenario
B. Modelling scenarios with different inflow time series
C. Adding a reservoir
D. Adding reservoir operating rules