6th September 2020
Coronavirus (Covid-19) - Please ensure you read the guidance on tennis venues and tennis players below:
and Coronavirus (Covid-19) - latest update onthe LTA website and also guidance from the Government website
If you are displaying symptoms of Covid-19 (Coronavirus) - if you are displaying COVID like symptoms, felling unwell with coronavirus symptoms or having to self isolate, it is very important that you follow government guidelines. Players should not leave home but we expect captains to fulfil fixtures in the usual way by promoting reserves.
Travel Arrangements - Walking and cycling is encouraged, where this is not possible, use public transport or drive. Players encouraged to arrive as close as possible to when they need to be at the venue.
Car sharing - You should try not to share a vehicle with those outside your household or support bubble. If you need to do this, try to:
- share the transport with the same people each time
- keep to small groups of people at any one time
- open windows for ventilation
- travel side by side or behind other people, rather than facing them, where seating arrangements allow
- face away from each other
- consider seating arrangements to maximise distance between people in the vehicle
- clean your car between journeys using standard cleaning products - make sure you clean door handles and other areas that people may touch
- ask the driver and passengers to wear a face covering
Maintaining Social Distancing
- Participants should be advised to limit their interactions with anyone outside of those they are competing (e.g.players on other courts)
- Players are encouraged not to congregate on/around the court before & after play
- There should be no skin to skin contact for players. Racket taps are allowed but shaking hands or elbow alternatives are not permitted
- Supporters, parents, and other spectators should remain socially distanced whilst attending matches.
- Spectator groups must be restricted to discrete six person gathering limits and spread out, in line with government
- Spectators should not congregate in the clubhouse
- Other than during the playing of a point distance between partner’s & opponents to be maintained.
- Player’s to avoid talking into a tennis ball, and when communicating with partner maintain distance.
- Avoid fist pumps and other physical contact with partner.
- Maintain distance from partner & opponents when changing ends.
- No shaking of hands at the end of a match. Racket taps allowed.
- In the event of rain, attendees should use an umbrella or if they drove, return to their ownvehicle, to maintain social distancing if there is insufficient outdoor cover from the rain to maintain social distancing.
- Attendees should not gather indoors to shelter.
- In the event of an extended delay, team captains are encouraged to make an early decision with regards to cancelling the league match to avoid attendees waiting around for a prolonged period.
- Players are advised to bring and use their own equipment – where any equipment is shared it should be subject to thorough cleaning measures between use
- Any equipment used (e.g. mini tennis nets, orange lines, scoreboards) should be cleaned and wiped down afterwards
- New or fresh tennis balls are not need for each match, but extra care must be taken to ensure the players do not touch their faces during play, and anyone involved in the match should all clean their hands before the match and immediately after finishing (use alcohol gel if required)
NHS Test & Trace
- To support NHS Test and Trace, team captains / league organiser are keep a temporary record of all players for 21 days, in a way that is manageable, and assist NHS Test and Trace with requests for that data if needed. League Planner / Tournament software already capture this information.
Match Meals - not recommended
Current guidance stats that you should NOT socialise outdoors in a group of more than six people from different households; gatherings large than six should only take place if everyone is from exclusively from two households or support bubbles.