Welcome to the School Aids blog and thanks for visiting! Our goal for this blog is to have a place to share relevant information and resources with our customers and our local community.
September 21st, 2017
Fall into Fall
September is here and the Fall season is soon to arrive. Autumn is a great time to discuss with your children the many changes that happen in nature, including the following: leaves turning colors and falling from the trees, the weather getting cooler, the days getting shorter, birds traveling south, animals preparing for winter hibernation, etc.
Fun Fall Activities:
- Have your little ones collect leaves in all different colors. Help them identify common fall leaf colors and make a graph to see which color is the most common.
- Send your older children outside weekly to observe and document the changes they see in nature.They can draw the leaves, nuts, trees, and animals, document the direction the birds are flying, record what time the sun sets in the evening, or document the change in temperature.
- Have your kids fill out this autumn crossword puzzle and see who finishes first! http://www.debidawn.com/autumnxw.htm
- You can never go wrong by raking up a big pile of leaves and diving right in!
- For more fun fall activities stay tuned for our next post featuring a guide to family friendly events happening in and around Baton Rouge!
Created with images by stux - "autumn leaves colorful" • Philippe Put - "autumn leaves boy" • Philippe Put - "autumn leave child"