Buildings and Landscapes
- Kirwin Congregational Church.
- Fort Bessel Museum.
- Huck Boyd Center.
- Kansas's Biggest Rodeo.
- Majestic Theater.
What was the city named after?
The city was named after the Politician and Civlil War Colonel William A. Phillips.
Any Important People?
- Bonnie Leidig-Municipal Court Judge.
- Eddie Lively-Aquatic Facility Manager.
- Timothy Driggs-Public Works Supervisor.
- Linda McDowell-County Clerk.
- Paul Wisinger-Sheriff.
Cities & Towns
- Prairie View has 131 people.
- who Glade has 94 people.
- Logan has 569 people.
- Kirwin has 164 people.
- Phillips County total has a population of 5,533 people. This was all recorded in 2014.
- Clinic LPN, Maitencance Position.
- Deputy Sheriff.
- Activity Specialist 1.
3 Major Events
- The 1st church was the Baptist Church it was destroyed by a tornado in 1879.
- In 1903 a very bad storm hit and blew do the towns wooden water tower.
- There was a gold rush by Plotner Creek (now in the city park) in the 1870's.
- Phillips county was the 36 county formed in Kansas.
- The Grasshoppers Plaque of 1874 devasted most crops and made settlers to leave the county.
- Agra School was the 1st School in Phillips County.