I've done some webinars but how can I get more help?
Join our TDSB Digital Learning Currents for resources and to ask questions and connect with DLLs and other TDSB educators. Choose from a variety of close captioned professional learning recorded webinars or short Lunch & Learn sessions to view at your convenience.
Google Classroom vs. Brightspace? Which one to choose?
Virtual School teachers use Ontario's Virtual Learning Environment ( D2L Brightspace). Teachers in the In-School model may choose the tool that you're most comfortable with and that will best meet the needs of your students. Here's a comparison of these two online learning platforms.
What online content or resources should I use? Can I use external digital resources e.g., RAZ Kids, Scholastics?
- Start by exploring resources that are readily available through TDSB Library and TDSB Virtual Library, resources that TDSB currently has agreements and licences in place with vendors
- Visit the Remote Learning Resources page
- Reach out to your school’s teacher-librarian
- Review the document “Selecting Digital Content & Resources”
Links to Resources
- Approved TDSB digital tools
- How to access TDSB digital tools
- Brightspace support
- Google Workspace support
- Digital Learning Support and Resources (access grade/subject-specific resources)
- Digital Learning Currents/G+ Community (connect with TDSB educators, pose questions, share resources)
- IT/Technical Problems? Visit the Service IT Portal for help or log a ticket
- Policy PPM164 Requirements for Remote Learning
- Policy P088 Acceptable Use of IT Resources
- TDSB Online Code of Conduct
- Expected Practices for Understanding, Addressing & Preventing Discrimination
- Global Competencies resources
- Digital Lead Learner DLL resources
- Virtual Library resources
- Selecting Digital Content & Resources
- Assistive Technology resources
- TDSB Digital Citizenship resources
- Google's Be Internet Awesome Family Guide - digital safety & citizenship
- FAQ about Digital Tools & Pedagogy
Families are asking how digital tools may be used for learning and how they can support learners to stay safe and be responsible digital citizens. Any tips?
This Guardian Guide provides an overview on the use of G Suite tools, Google Classroom and Google Meet to support learning and addresses data privacy and safety.
"Be Internet Awesome" is a Google created resource with tools, an online game called "Interland" and home activities to support families to learn about online safety and citizenship. The Family Guide is available in English for download.
As for Brightspace, there is a set of videos that are intended for learners but parents/guardians can get an impression of how Brightspace may be used to engage in learning. For additional information about Brightspace for Parents, visit this Brightspace support website.
Are these Guardian & Family Guides available in other languages?
Did you know that while the translations are not always perfect, Google Translate can translate whole documents, or even whole websites and even more, translate by transcribing speech from certain languages? Make sure you select the correct source and target languages for translation.
Any TDSB-specific instructions to help families to log-in to Classroom or Brightspace?
Together, supporting educators in digital learning
Connect: Join the TDSB Digital Learning Currents/G+ community to ask questions and share tips and resources.
Explore: More resources on Twitter with #tdsbRL
Only through solidarity, shared leadership, collective responsibility, collaboration and embracing change (and discomfort), will we become a stronger system
Created with images by Sarah Vombrack - "untitled image" • Gaelle Marcel - "Simple flower vase" • Vivaan Trivedii - "Leaf Veins" • Tim Chow - "Blooming hyacinth flower bud on white linen" • Jan Huber - "Tree in backlight"