OPEN ENROLLMENT COMING SOON!
Online Enrollment Only
May 21st – June 8th
Visit MESSA's website to elect your choices
New plans available, lower premiums, more information to follow…
The end of the VSP Vision Plan benefit year is June 30, 2018. If you have not already done so, please take advantage of your yearly examination benefit before that time. You may contact VSP at (800) 877– 7195.
If you are anticipating changing your insurance plan or separating from the District in June please endeavor to get the maximum benefit from your current insurance plan before its cancellation at the end of June (use it, use it, use it).
To those who currently have an AMERIFLEX FSA Account for the 2017-18 benefit year, all money in your account must be used by August 31, 2018. Any unused funds greater than the $500 allowable rollover amount will be forfeited. You may contact AMERIFLEX at (888) 868 – 3539, option 2 or login to your account on their portal at www.myameriflex.com, for your remaining balance.
Blue365 savings for MESSA Medical Members
Find Deals on Skechers, Sprint, Jenny Craig Register at www.blue365deals.com
See a Doctor 24/7 online, mobile app or telephone Medical and/or Mental Health Services Sign up at www.messa.org/messaonlinecare
All Clear free Credit/Identity Protection For you and your Dependents Enroll online at https://bcbsm.allclearid.com/
Colonial Life Enrollees Only: All Plans include a Health Screening Benefit
File your Wellness Screening Claim online Login to www.coloniallife.com for guidelines
Hepatitis Outbreak - Hepatitis virus is a highly contagious liver infection.
- Prevention: Get vaccinated, wash hands, don’t share food, use protection.
- Ask your Healthcare Provider about screening/treatment.
- Consult: www.michigan.gov/hepatitis
May is Skin Cancer Awareness Month
- Avoid the sun at peak times (10a – 4p)
- Indoor tanning is not safer
- Use sunscreen with SPF 15 or higher
- Request a Skin Exam Screening from your Doctor
- Consult: www.aad.org or www.cancer.gov
May is National Physical Fitness & Sports Month
- Being active helps prevent heart disease, cancer, obesity, and diabetes.
- Team Up! Grab a family member or friend, join a club or class.
- Walking, cycling, playing with children (30 minutes daily).
- Encourage and compete, it’s all fun and games.
- Consult: www.hhs.gov/fitness/be-active/ways-to-be-active/index.html
HEALTH & WELLNESS CONTRIBUTOR: TERESA FOSTER, HRIS & EMPLOYEE WELLNESS COORDINATOR © 05/01/2018