The scholarship enables a Gainesville family to take advantage of a year’s worth of events, programs, tours and more at no cost. One scholarship valued at $1,500, which can be used to enjoy activities such as:
- After-school activities and day camps for school breaks and teacher holidays, for children age six–12
- Access to the Wellness Center at the Martin Luther King, Jr. Multipurpose Center
- Tickets to cultural events such as the Hoggetowne Medieval Faire
- An annual pass to Sweetwater Wetlands Park
- Access to adult and youth recreation and sports activities such as golf lessons, swimming lessons, and tennis lessons; free registration to participate in city-sponsored youth baseball, basketball, flag football, Pop Warner football or cheerleading.
Deadline for scholarship applications is Thursday, Oct. 31, 2019.
Applications may be dropped off in person at the Administrative Office, Thomas Center, Building B, 3rd Floor, Reception Desk, 306 NE Sixth Ave. in Gainesville, Fla.
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
By email: Jenny McGovern, Program Coordinator, email@example.com or
By mail: City of Gainesville Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs Department, PO Box 490, Station 24, Gainesville, FL 32627-0490.
Application packets are available for pick up at the Albert “Ray” Massey Westside Recreation Center, Clarence R. Kelly Community Center, Eastside Community Center, MLK Multipurpose Center, T. B. McPherson Center, Porters Community Center and the PRCA Administrative Office, which is located on the third floor of the Thomas Center, Building B.