The “Indigenous Reflections Film Project” is organized by the Indigenous Nations Library Program. This semester we will be completing this project with an online component. The project goal is to encourage Indigenous student creation, communication and technological collaboration by providing a platform for their Indigenous voices.
This year’s inaugural short film theme is related to COVID-19 and can be simply phrased as COVID Diaries - such as examining the impacts this public health crisis has had on you, your family, and your community. This is a reflective film project and an opportunity to share your story.
We have increased film submission participation fee to $100 LoboCash gift cards to the first 5 films to be submitted.
Film Submission Criteria
- Currently enrolled UNM students are eligible to enter
- 1 entry per film maker
- All videos must be recorded with a cell phone
- Videos must be edited on Adobe Premiere Pro
- Videos must be between 3 and 10 minutes long.
- Most genres accepted: Experimental, Narrative, Fiction, Documentary, Music Video Styled Shorts, and others
Submission Deadline is April 16, 2021
Pre-Recorded Workshops by Diné Filmmaker, Kristin Maria are available below to help students with developing, creating and editing their film projects.