"The Mihaylo Business Advising Center aspires to be a regional leader in innovative advising that facilitates students success. We empower, support, and guide our business students through developmental advising and collaborative partnerships across the university to ensure our students' transition into university-level learning and the achievement of their academic goals."
- Review of major requirements
- Declaring a concentration
- Prerequisite information
- Transfer Evaluations
- Academic Probation
- Academic planning
Business Advising Center Hours
30 minute appointments with an Academic Advisor are required for new student first time advising, academic probation, disqualification, re-admission, study abroad, and to obtain an evaluation form. Avoid waiting in line and schedule appointments online during non-registration periods.
During registration periods and the week prior to registration, the demand to see an advisor is very high. Because of this, the Business Advising Center (BAC) becomes very busy and waits can be long. We advise students to arrive at least two hours before our posted closing times. Because of the high demand once we reach capacity the BAC may stop accepting walk-ins earlier than the time posted.
Please arrive 5 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment. If you arrive late for your appointment you will be asked to reschedule. If you need to cancel your appointment please call (657)278-2211. Failure to cancel may impact your ability to schedule appointments in the future.
An interview with Ms. Farifteh Shahbazian
Senior UG Advisor
Expected Student Learning Outcomes
- Identify and understand the key components of the Titan Degree Audit (TDA)
- Select courses each semester to advance toward degree completion
- Identify the resources and services on campus
- Demonstrate the ability to make effective decisions concerning your degree objectives
- Demonstrate an understanding of CUSF central values (Mission Statement, GE requirements, chosen course of study)
Business Advising Recommendations
- Meet regularly with your Business advisor
- Understand educational planning tools such as TDA, University Catalog, etc
- Get involved on campus, and make connections with students and faculty within your major
- Utilize academic support resources on campus as needed
- Visit the Academic Advising Center in UH123B to review your GE requirements
- Finalize career/ postgraduate plans during your last year
Location and Contact
Fullerton Campus: Steven G. Mihaylo Hall 1201
Phone: (657) 278 - 2211
Undergraduate Advising Center Website: www.business.fullerton.edu/programs/undergraduate/Advising
Mihaylo College Website: www.business.fullerton.edu
CSUF Academic Advising Center
Located: University Hall 123B