Welcome to Miller Marriott's spring newsletter! If you're here, it's probably because you already know & love what we do - or at the very least you've checked us out on Instagram. We love sharing what we're up to, design & home maintenance tips, and giving you a glimpse at our upcoming model homes.
WHAT'S NEW AT MILLER MARRIOTT?
THE CHURCH & SCHOOL PROJECT | PROPOSAL FOR AN EVENT CENTER
Miller Marriott recently purchased the Zion Church property in Hartland, WI & has been working on conceptual plans to transform the historic space into an event center.
For over 110 years, Zion Church has been a place for the Hartland community to gather. While the church would be transformed into part of the event space, Miller Marriott plans to maintain & honor the character of the church. In addition to the church renovations, Miller Marriott will demo the attached school and transform it into a 2,400sf atrium to host larger gatherings of 200+ people.
Complimentary to Miller Marriott's aesthetic, the event space will be timeless with plenty of natural light, historic character, greenery & wood elements. Additional plans for the space include ample greenspace with a private garden, a lounge & bar area that opens out onto a patio, along with plenty of spaces to gather for entertainment.
COMING SOON TO ELM GROVE | A SINGLE-FAMILY DEVELOPMENT
We're so excited to reveal a project we've been working on behind the scenes for the past several months!
Mandel Group has selected Miller Marriott as the developer to build single-family homes in Elm Grove, Wisconsin on a portion of the property currently designated as the School Sisters of Notre Dame – Elm Grove Campus. It's anticipated that the new development will begin around December 2021.
Walkable to downtown Elm Grove, this development is situated on roughly 30 acres off of Watertown Plank Road. The custom homes will range from 1,600 - 4,000 sq. ft.
We get so many calls about our charming home on Watertown Plank Rd. that we completed in 2020. This makes us all the more excited to bring more opportunities to build your dream Miller Marriott home in Elm Grove. We're currently in the process of working through the plan and zoning approvals with Mandel Group - all images below are renderings to be used as placeholders to understand the potential number of single-family homes.
OUR UPCOMING OPEN HOUSES
THE RIVERVIEW | OPEN HOUSE JUNE 6
The Riverview, a Miller Marriott custom home completed in 2020, has a “coastal meets country” vibe. The interior style is vintage along with modern finishes throughout this open concept home. Upon entering, you'll notice the open and airy feel credited to 10’ ceilings & exposed rafters with a vaulted ceiling in the screened-in porch. This home was designed to have plenty of places to tuck away with the pocket office off the kitchen, den on the 1st floor, and a finished bonus room for the kiddos.
Miller Marriott will host an open house on June 6th from 12pm - 3pm...stay tuned on our social media & our website for details.
4BR | 3BA | 3 CAR GARAGE | 3,609 SF
Located in Merton, WI | W296 N9502 Riverview Ln.
THE SEAGROVE | OPEN HOUSE STARTING AUGUST 15
The Seagrove will be our 2021 model home located in Barnwood Conservancy in Lisbon, WI that we're so excited to show off! Check out this home during the Parade of Homes - starting August 15, 2021.
This home is a coastal, modern farmhouse with classic touches inside and out. A spacious 3000sf - the Seagrove has 4 bedrooms, 3.5 baths, a 3 car garage and offers an open concept feel with 9’ ceilings and a finished lower level. There are hardwood floors throughout the first floor, Silestone quartz countertops, Kohler plumbing fixtures, custom cabinetry, and historic wainscotting in the front flex room. Plenty of light pours into the living room with expansive windows and doors.
10 WAYS TO ELEVATE YOUR FRONT DOOR
DESIGNER TIP FROM OUR MILLER MARRIOTT DESIGNER, LISA PELLEGRINI
Spring is the perfect time to update the curb appeal of your home by transforming your front door! As a Miller Marriott designer, I always encourage focusing on the front door to have an impactful change to the exterior of your home.
Whether building new, or getting inspiration on your current home, here are some things you can do to your front door/porch that can be achieved in a short amount of time, and mostly on your own:
- Clean the Windows & the Door inside and out. You may even consider renting a power washer if you have surrounding stonework that needs a good cleaning.
- Paint (or re-stain) the door with a color that compliments your exterior.
- Get a new door knob/lock. (We LOVE Emtek hardware from Neu’s in Brookfield!)
- Get a new welcome mat that sends a message you’re feeling, even if it says “go away.” ;)
- Add some new address numbers that match the style of your home. The home numbers in the pictures to the left are from Black Flag Metal on ETSY.
- Attach a fun door knocker – not everybody likes to ring the doorbell. I’m digging this Bumblebee Door Knocker on Birch Lane.
- Add a new planter outside the front door with seasonal plantings. Try a colorful planter if your house is neutral - or the reverse - a neutral planter if your house is colorful.
- Add a small chair or two and table somewhere near the entrance of your home to make it look extra welcoming.
- Update your porch lighting. If you have a recess light, you could switch to a fixture that emulates the style you’re looking for (requires an electrician). Make sure it’s WET RATED to be mounted on an exterior.
- Buy a unique doorbell button and surround. Here’s a few of my favs from Rejuvenation.com. FUN STUFF!
MEET OUR DESIGN COORDINATORS
MEET THE TEAM | This month, we're spotlighting our Design Coordinator team that we briefly introduced you to in the last newsletter. Lisa Pellegrini, Sara Hall and Katie McBain make up our Design Coordinator team & together have over 25 years of combined design experience. They come from various creative backgrounds, which makes group collaboration even more fun.
Giving this dynamic role a title has been a challenge –they function as the valuable and unique combination of Interior Designer, Solution Provider, Build Selection Consultant and Project Manager.
They all have an affinity for timeless design (traditional to modern) and, at the same time, remain current through industry organizations. Each designer works closely with vendors, sources of inspiration and participating in ongoing product education. They insist on quality products, workmanship and vendors.
HOW DO OUR CLIENTS WORK TOGETHER WITH A DESIGN COORDINATOR? | Every Miller Marriott client is assigned their own Design Coordinator for the term of the project (design through the one year follow-up visit). Depending on the client’s needs, their role varies between:
- Design Guidance/Project Resource – Prioritizing choices, educating on options/selections, preparing for any onsite vendor meetings, 3D visualization
- Design Collaboration – Attending vendor meetings/showrooms, laying out rooms/choices, consulting on colors, wainscoting/paneling
- Entire Home Curation – Exactly what it sounds like: based completely on your inspiration/style they create whole-home mood boards/choices for you to simply choose from (see image!)
WHY ARE THEY SUCH AN IMPORTANT PART OF WHAT MAKES MILLER MARRIOTT DIFFERENT? | There are no “package choices” for our clients. We believe everyone lives differently and has their own individual style. Our designers invest in upfront time with the client to understand how they live, their design priorities, what they are inspired by, their budget and/or time constraints and then the creative process starts flowing. There are so many decisions to be made when building a home and their goal is to make it a fun experience for the client instead of stressful. The greatest joy they receive is the day the client does the final walk-through and is in love with their home.