Community Benefit & Relations
Laughter is Wellness
Studies show that a good belly laugh each day can help you burn calories. Which is good for your belly and other regions of your body. So whether your taste in comedy runs toward kooky pratfalls or witty repartee, giving yourself a good laugh can help you lose a little something in the end. To schedule an AIR facilitator for an interactive workshop, visit kp.org/artsintegratedresources, email Rhonda.email@example.com or call 303-789-7243
Do you want to be more active with your kid's school or your community? Try any or all of the following:
- Fire up Your Feet spring challenge, April 15-May 15. A total of $6500 is available for participating CO schools. -Read More-
- The Colfax Marathon, May 20-21, Saturday and Sunday. It's less than two months away and a number of races are full. Check it our and sign up now before prices go up. -Read More-
- The Colorado Marathon, May 7, Sunday, in Fort Collins. See some training tips on their website and register today for one of the five races (5K, 10K, Half Marathon, Full Marathon, or Marathon Relay) using a KP friends/family 15% discount (code: KP15OFF). If you have questions, contact Sarah Rice at firstname.lastname@example.org. -Read More-
- Apr 3 Broomfield Community Foundation: 2017 Heart of Broomfield
- Apr 6 American Liver Foundation: 2017 Flavors of Denver
- Apr 8 Denver Art Museum: 2017 Uncorked
- Apr 8 Littleton Public Schools Foundation: 2017 Spirit Celebration
- Apr 8 Summit County Youth Hockey MtnCO
- Apr 9 Eagle River Youth Coalition: 2017 Community Events MtnCO
- Apr 11 The Success Foundation-Annual Breakfast & Ride 4 Success NoCO
- Apr 11 Project Self-Sufficiency - 2017 Community Luncheon NoCO
- Apr 12 Colorado Business Group on Health: 2017 Conference
- Apr 13 Centennial Rotary Foundation: 2017 State of the City
- Apr 15 JDRF Rocky Mountain Region: 2017 Dream Gala
- Apr 19 PEBC 2017 Annual Luncheon
- See More
For more information about sponsorships and events contact Patrick.email@example.com 303-344-7769
Medicaid and Charitable Coverage Programs (MCP)
Kathy Westcoat, Senior Director Medicaid and Charitable Programs
WELCOME Kathy Westcoat, the new senior director of Medicaid and Charitable Programs in Colorado. She started March 20 and will oversee the organization's programs that lower financial barriers, provide free or subsidized health coverage, and improve access to public health care programs. -Read More-
Safety Net Specialty Care Program celebrating four years of success
This month marked the fourth anniversary of the Safety Net Specialty Care Program here in Colorado. The Permanente Journal, in a recent evaluation report, called the program of the first examples in the nation of an integrated deliver system partnering with safety net clinics to offer specialty care by using a combination of e-consults and face-to-face visits. -Read More-
Since Weigh and Win began in 2011, the Colorado-based furniture chain, American Furniture Warehouse, has hosted and funded eight kiosk weigh-in stations. Thanks to the company’s support of their community and employees, recent data announced over 50,000 pounds have been lost by participants using their locations alone. By providing increased accessibility to the program, over 10,000 employees and community members are now achieving their weight loss goals. The company has supported 30,000 weigh-ins and counting. The ninth American Furniture Warehouse/Weigh and Win location will be installed April 2017 in Longmont.
"I have always been a strong supporter of the Weigh and Win program"
“I have always been a strong supporter of the Weigh and Win program,” said American Furniture Warehouse owner, Jake Jabs. “For me, it’s important to support a healthy environment for my employees while also encouraging the people of our communities to live fit and healthy lives. We are excited to support our ninth Weigh and Win kiosk at our Longmont location.”
Air toured the mountains.
Arts Integrated Resources partnered with Tim O'Donnell, education director of the Lake Dillon Theatre Company, to offer our free touring productions to the Summit County area. When You're Seeing Stars, our Educational Theatre Internship production toured to Frisco Elementary and Silverthorne Elementary. People Like Vince toured to Breckenridge Elementary and Dillon Valley Elementary. The shows were well received by each school.
Approved Five Thriving Schools Social/Emotional Wellness grants, totaling $1,429,000
Five Colorado school districts have been approved for special Thriving Schools grants to advance the social/emotional wellness and behavioral health in their districts. The grants, which will be used over a three-year period, total a nearly $1.5 million commitment to fund their combined efforts. -Read More-