Please keep our friends in Central Asia in prayer! The small group of believers in their region have experienced 2 recent deaths: a young believer who died in an accident at 19 years old and "K"s unbelieving cousin who committed suicide.
Please pray for:
- 2 missionaries who are going to minister the the Christian girl's family. She became a Christian last year, but they think she is the only believer in the family.
- "K" to trust Jesus with his extended family. For him to grow in faith that God can intervene and change his family members' hearts. For God to call His family out of darkness and into the light.
Praise God for the Global Student Program Eddie & Barbie Broussard recently oversaw, which brought 42 students and Navigator's Staff from 20 countries to Colorado Springs for 8 weeks!
Please pray these students return to their homes more powerfully equipped to be salt and light in some very difficult regions!
Pray for Eddie & Barbie to have rest and wisdom planning as they prepare to travel this month:
- For their team as they seek God September 15-23 on how to better pioneer Gospel movements around the world, especially in difficult places where they see little fruit or progress.
- For their work with another team September 24-28 asking God how to send more missionaries, especially to areas with little Gospel witness.
- For their annual meeting of the International Executive Team and Regional Directors September 29-October 1.
Bob & Esperanza Simons - Latin America
- Continued faithfulness from the students taking the Systematic Theology class Bob teaches in Vicente Guerrero, Mexico, every other week.
- against multiple small, irritating problems that are slowing Bob down lately. Pray that God will bind the enemy and pour out abundant blessings on the classes he teaches and prepares for!
- for Pastors Carlos & Ruben to continue studying hard and attending class, and for the Word of God to bear much fruit in their lives.
- The class finishes in November. Please pray for God's will regarding future classes!
- for Bob as he prepares for a class he will begin teaching this month in the local Bible Institute near his home in California. He will teach students how to use computer programs to study the Greek and Hebrew words that are translated into the Spanish versions of the Bible.
Janice Evans & Friend - Ukraine
Praise God for Janice Evans and her faithful witness in Ukraine!
Praise God, the church she has been working in has matured enough that they are beginning to transfer more leadership over to Ukrainians. Please pray for her as she moves to a small town near Odessa to assist with a new church plant! Please pray:
- For a new apartment
- For a moving van
- For God's peace in the midst of transition
Mathare Worship Centre - Nairobi, Kenya
Praise God for the Lepta leadership program Mathare Worship Centre provides in the Mathare Valley Slum in Nairobi, Kenya!
Thank God for the vision He has giving Mathare Worship Centre leadership to invest long-term in the youth of the area.
Please pray for:
- Continued "fruit that remains" in the transformed lives of the teens and young adults.
- Economic growth and opportunity for Kenya. It takes an average of 6 years for a University graduate to find a stable job in their field of study.
- Continued reliance on God's Spirit and guidance.
Hope's Promise Sanctuary of Hope - Nairobi, Kenya
Praise God for the continued love and stability given to the 24 Mathare Valley Slum orphans who are cared for by Pastor & Mama Karau in Hope's Promise Sanctuary of Hope homes.
Please pray for the 24 teens! Even though they are in stable, loving homes now, they have emotional scars from the trauma they experienced as children. Additionally, several suffer from special needs in a country without many resources.
Please pray for:
- Geoffrey & Janet's college plans. Please pray for provision of their every need. Pray for direction for the other teens who will graduate soon - that God will direct them to university or vocations that are well-suited for each.
- Mark's physical health.
- Esther - that God will continue to provide for and protect this precious girl, and that she will know she was created and loved by God!
When you pray or give, YOU are part of the Great Commission - going into all the world to spread the Gospel!
Be a part of the work God is doing at Calvary Worship Center!
Use your gifts to send CWC missionaries! In just 30 minutes a month, you can help pass out missions prayer cards after the service you regularly attend. Other options: help with Facebook posts, attend a missionary potluck, help with supply drives, or write encouraging cards to missionaries. If God is stirring you to participate in another way, please let us know!
If you'd like to be a part of what God is doing in Missions through Calvary Worship Center, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 719-632-3311!