Announcements & Upcoming Events
Dress Code Reminder
We have seen a drastic decrease in dress code violations. Thank you for your support!
As the new term began, we recognized as a staff that certain elements of our dress code were not being enforced strongly or consistently.
We, as a school and a College Prep team, will be making an effort to be enforce the dress code in a more consistent manner. Below is a reminder of the uniform policy. Nothing about this policy has changed from the beginning of the year, it will just be more strongly enforced.
Students have been reminded that Monday-Thursday, they must be in uniform:
Uniform colors: Navy Blue, Grey, White, Khaki, Maroon, Black.
- Students must be wearing a collared shirt, a turtleneck, or a JPEC Spirit Wear shirt.
- Students may wear hood-less fleeces or sweaters as long as they are within uniform colors and have either no logo or a quarter sized logo. Students must have a uniform top on under the fleece or sweater.
- Students may not wear winter coats in class.
- Students must be wearing slacks with a bottom on the waistband within the uniform colors.
- Leggings are permitted if they are being worn under a shirt.
- Dresses/skirts are allowed as long as they are no shorter than than 3 inches above the knee, and are within uniform colors. Skirts must be worn with a uniform top.
We, as a school and a College Prep team, will be making an effort to enforce the dress code in a more consistent manner.
March is Reading Month!
This week's activities are a Focus Group Door Decorating Contest, and a Reading Month Spirit Week!
Overall Reading Goal
Students have an overall reading challenge to read 600 minutes in the month of March, which comes down to roughly 20 minutes of reading per day.
- Students should log their reading time on the website https://www.biblionasium.com
- Students will receive their username and password for this website from their Focus Group teacher on Monday if they don't already have it.
- Students who log 600 minutes of reading will be treated to a Taco lunch on Friday, March 30!
If students are not participating in a spirit week theme, they must come in uniform!
- Monday - Read My Shirt Day
- Tuesday - Book Character Day
- Wednesday - Wacky Day
- Thursday - Book Buddy (Twin) Day
- Friday - Falcon Spirit Day
Each Focus Group will be assigned a different literary genre, and will decorate their door accordingly. Judging will occur on Friday, March 9!
No School for Students March 14, 15, and 16 for Mid-Winter Break!
CP Year 1 YMCA Storer Camp - March 19-23
- Year 1 students who do not attend camp are expected to be at school during this week.
Early College Update
Mr. Jonathon Marowelli
Enrollment forms for Career Center are available in the main office. Please sign up as soon as possible to best ensure selection into the program of your choice.
Upcoming: March 9th at 5 PM - JAC^3 Principal, Dan Draper, will be coming to make a presentation for all prospective students, in JW 165. If you are at all interested in machining, welding, or engineering, you must attend this meeting. JAC^3 sets students up with good-paying local jobs and pays educational costs associated with earning a college degree. JPEC already has two students participating in this prestigious program!