A few notes from our Amazing PTA
TEACHER APPRECIATION THIS WEEK
This is such a special week to show our Lead Learners how much we love and appreciate them. The PTA is working hard to provide a fun and safe way to show all our teachers appreciation this week. Here are a few ways you can help:
- Tuesday is Thankful Tuesday- Students, send a note or picture to your lead learner telling them how they have helped you or something you love about them
- Favorite Things Friday- surprise your Lead Learner with one of their favorite things (See link below)
Teacher Appreciation Luncheon Volunteers needed!
We have some great lead learners and we want to honor them with a special duty free lunch on Friday, May 7, that means we need your help! Please consider signing up to cover a lead learner's class from 11:30-12:30 so they can enjoy a special duty free lunch!
* All school volunteers must have drivers license scanned by the front office. Please make plans to come by any day before your volunteer shift in order to keep things running smoothly the day of the luncheon!
*Please remember that due to COVID, all guests are asked to wear masks in the building*
We need volunteers for Patriot Games! Sign up for all or part of the day and help us manage the game stations. Let’s make this the most fun day of the school year for our Patriots! Use the link below to sign up:
Patriot Games - We Came to Play
This year’s Patriot Games is going to be epic! Aside from volunteer sign-up, here are some things you need to know about the day:
- Bring $3 in EXACT CHANGE if you want your child to purchase Kona Ice
- Dress comfortably and wear athletic shoes that are good for running
- Apply sunscreen before leaving home that morning
- Bring a change of dry clothes…there MIGHT be a Pike Road fire truck in the parking lot
- Wear your Patriot Games t-shirt if you purchased one
The book fair is next week! Don't forget to load those eWallets by clicking the link below. We are also in need of parent volunteers to help with the book fair. Click below to sign up for a time slot.
National Day of Prayer
Pres Art Show
save the date for camp epic
Don't miss your opportunity for Camp EPIC this summer! Email your registration information to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can not accept paper registration forms. Last day to register is May 21.
Please see below for our daily cold lunch options
- Monday - cheese pizza lunchable
- Tuesday - turkey and cheese lunchable
- Wednesday - pepperoni pizza lunchable
- Thursday - turkey and cheese lunchable
- Friday - Wow butter box
It has been a while since we were in school so here are a few reminders of some of our important policies and procedures. If you want more information about all things PRES click the link below.
- Please be sure to send an extra mask with your child each day
- Please keep transportation changes to a minimum as it disrupts learning
- We can not take ANY transportation changes over the phone
- All transportation changes need to be emailed to email@example.com before 1:00 pm if a (paper) note is not sent to the lead learner
- Learners are not permitted to ride home with friends on the school bus this year
- Learners may not be dropped off until after 7:25
- Students who arrive at or after 8:00 must be brought to the front office by their guardian/parent to be checked in to avoid the child being marked absent.
- Students who check in after 11:00 am will be marked absent for the day
- The only accepted excuse for a tardy is a note from a doctor or dentist office
- Students who check out before 11:00 am will be marked absent for the day
- Every parent/ guardian picking up a child MUST present an ID before the child will be called down
- Last checkout is 2:15
Write it down
- May 3- 7: Teacher Appreciation Week
- May 10- 14: Book Fair
- May 14: Patriot Games
- May 20: PRES Art Show
- May 28: Last Day of School (full day)
How to contact us
- Phone: 334.420.5310 *Dial 6 for the front office
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org