Now in it's 23rd year the Visit York Tourism Awards are seen as an achievement of excellence in the industry.
The Visit York Tourism Awards celebrate excellence in the tourism industry, as well as rewarding individuals and companies who offer outstanding service, innovation and quality to York's 7 million visitors each year. It is a fabulous evening for anyone working in the tourism sector and provides the opportunity to network with 500 guests, including hoteliers, attractions, retailers as well as key players in the tourism industry.
Taking place on Thursday 23rd April 2020, at the National Railway Museum York, the awards for 2020 are headline sponsored by LNER. The awards are a great opportunity to promote brand awareness and align your brand image with supporting excellence.
New for 2020
Our awards will once again be re-aligning with the Visit England Awards. Therefore entrants must have won a regional award in order to progress through to the Visit England Awards. This is an important change and we anticipate a higher number entrants all striving for national glory.
The 2020 Categories
We have 17 awards for the 2020 ceremony, all of which are available for sponsorship at £1,000+vat each. Those with (VE) indicate which categories are eligible to proceed through to Visit England Awards.
- B&B or Guest House of the Year (VE)
- Camping/Glamping/Holiday Park of the Year (VE)
- Large Hotel of the Year (VE)
- Small Hotel of the Year (VE)
- Pub of the Year (VE)
- Self-Catering Accommodation of the Year (VE)
- Large Attraction of the Year (VE)
- Small Attraction of the Year (VE)
- New Tourism Business of the Year (VE)
- Taste of York Award (VE)
- Accessible & Inclusive Tourism Award (VE)
- Business Events Venue of the Year (VE)
- International Tourism Award (VE)
- Experience of the Year (VE)
- Shop of the Year
- Event of the Year
- Tourism Champion 2020 sponsored by LNER