Maybe your kids' school field trips never have much to do with family history. Don't let that stop you from taking your own! Here are a few family field trips we've been on ... very educational, and very good for connecting with our family's past:
- Visiting cemeteries where our ancestors are buried
- Driving around ancestral towns looking for our ancestors' homes, schools, churches, etc.
- Visiting local history museums
- Visiting important places from our own family's past (Mom & Dad's first home, the place they were married, a park we used to play at as little kids, etc.)
- Visit a FamilySearch Discovery Center or Family History Center
Created with an image by Roselie - "school bus america yellow"